STILL with the GFX problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlackVeil

Okay. Some of you might remember me from my 32950132575109893529712 posts a month or so back regarding my graphics card, the BFG GeForce 7800 GS OC 256.0 MB, giving me some problems.

Since then, I've taken yet another step: having the card RMA'd.

I thought for sure this would take care of the problem! Alas, as is so often with computers, I was wrong. I've gotten the new card and my problem continues. I'm still suffering from artifacts, purposeless-slow-down, and random crashes from any and all games, intensive or not.

I'm at a total loss for what to do.

To detail what I've done to try and correct the issues, here's a list:

• Verified temperatures as much as possible with SpeedFan. A handful of people have told me temperature seems not to be the problem.
  • Checked for "proper" drivers. The set that came with the card seem to be the best. Newer drivers have issues playing *.mpegs and *.wmvs and don't solve game problems.
  • Set a room fan next to the box and leave it on high, blowing into the open tower. This SOMEWHAT helped, but did not in any way prevent crashing, slow down of FPS, or artifcats.
  • Had the card RMA'd.
  • Verified that the PSU can power the computer and the card(it's a 550W, 32A for 12v PSU. Card requires 12v 18A or so).

I do not know what else to do.

Any help, any at all, would be very much appreciated.

I did not have these problems with my old card, which was, I think, a GeForce4 FX 4800.

View my user profile for the info' on my PC. Thanks, in advance.

There maybe a problem with compatibility with the motherboard and the graphics card. You could try and install the last AGP controller drivers for your motherboard. Also what errors come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back