Switch in my Viewsonic 22" LCD has stopped working

Leeky

I knew something would happen the second I started considering replacing them! LOL.

It started playing up yesterday, when I went to turn it off as was using the other screen to play Crysis. I went to turn it back on once I was done playing and it wouldnt turn on... After much messing around pressing the power button it finally turned on...

I then made the mistake (or more my routine) of switching them both off along with the PC before I went to bed last night. It now won't turn on at all.

I don't think its the internal psu, I'm certain its the button itself. So my question is, how difficult would it be to locate the power switch, and would it be replaceable, or is it a soldered in job?

Warranty expired 2 months ago, and this was a replacement unit under warranty as well, though it was reconditioned and an older generation of my model number.

Can it be replaced then?

**Fingers crossed!!**

A bit of an update on this.

I've stripped the LCD now, as its not under warranty any more, and the switch contact for the on/off switch on the circuit is knackered. It has a totally different feel to it.

Been searching on and off for a couple of days now - Since I have the part number.

I'm now coming to the realisation that Viewsonic play their cards very close to their chests - You can't find anything related to Viewsonic in regards to parts suppliers here or in the US - Its a tad weird to be honest!

I'm getting used to being down to one screen now though, so I think I'm just going to wait and then purchase a bigger LCD later on. Besides which, my newest LCD is a 4th generation version, and the faulty LCD is 2nd generation. The plastic surround is bigger on the earlier model, and the backround colour is also different (the newer 4th gen has a whitter backround), so at times they can look slightly odd, which has irritated me for ages.

Oh well, something else to add to my list I suppose!

Thanks to everyone that took the time to read this thread though. :)

Back