Sygate Personal Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonNagual

So now that Norton has bought it out and doesn't plan on continuing it, I assume there are a lot of people out there in the same boat as I am.

Are you all planning on just keeping your sygate installed, or have you all already abandoned ship and installed something else? What are you using?

I`ve gone back to using Zonealarm free.

I used to run it on my system before I used Sygate. I might add that I`ve never had any problems with Zonealarm, although I am aware that some people have.

However, I am still open to other suggestions.

Regards Howard :)

Kerio has been bought by Sunbelt Systems and in their latest press release they stated they intend to keep and support the free version. I am testing it this week.

patio. :cool:

patio said:
Kerio has been bought by Sunbelt Systems and in their latest press release they stated they intend to keep and support the free version. I am testing it this week.

patio. :cool:

When you`re through testing. I`d appreciate your findings patio.

Regards Howard :)

I'm still with Sygate - but I won't be for too much longer. It's a pretty bad idea usually to stick with a security product that's no longer being developed. I intend to take a look at Kerio, but If needs be, I'm likely to either pay for Outpost Pro Or just set up my router a little better and run my machine with only the built in windows firewall.

Speaking of, there seem to be some up and coming security products from Microsoft, but as with their Anti-spyware, I'm not going to stand by them for at least 6 months after their release (if I ever do)...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/onecare/default.mspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back