System freeze!

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone help with my problem?
the problem occured almost two months ago when my pc starting freezing and i don't know why... could it be the HDD? the memory? or the mobo?
my HDD already have bad sectors in it... and i unintentionally/unknowingly used SDRAM and DDR memory together... could it be the cause?

My specs are as follows:
Jetway P4XFCU motherboard
Intel P4 2.66 ghz
128 SDRAM/256 DDR
40 G samsung HDD

i would appreciate any help... thank you!

Hi,

Under the current design of windows, it is very difficult to debug system freeze. It maybe related to hardware or software. Do you find any minidumps at the folder \windows\minidumps. If yes, attach 5 to 6 minidumps here. Do you find any red alerts at the system event?. Run memtest to stress test the ram. What is the temperature of the CPU and motherboard? What is the wattage of the PSU?

If you still cannot find out the culprit, refer the following webpage how to get a memory dump when your windows hang.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237740&sd=dell

unfortunately, there is no minidumps or any alerts. then could it be hardware?
i checked my mobo yesterday and it seems that most of the capacitors sorrounding the processor are leaking... could this be the cause?

thanks for the reply!!!

reignage said:
unfortunately, there is no minidumps or any alerts. then could it be hardware?
i checked my mobo yesterday and it seems that most of the capacitors sorrounding the processor are leaking... could this be the cause?

This is almost certainly the cause of your problem.

IMHO it would be better to get a new mobo, unless of course your mobo still has warranty on it, in which case you should RMA it.

Even if you did replace all the leaking capacitors, there`s no guarantee that you won`t still have problems.

Just my 2cents.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back