System wont POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

vassil3427

Hey guys,
I'll be brief, lately, its only happened occasionally, but sometimes my computer wont even post, fans will spin, HDD will spin up. But it wont post. and now its happening every boot. However if I reset the CMOS it'll post and boot up, but the moment I go into the bios and set the FSb back to 133 it refuses to post...Whats going on guys?

your in a similar perdicament that I myself am in, I have no idea what the hell my bios is doing but when i set it back to 333 its wont boot or post or nothing, but ill tell you what, ill get back to you if i find out anything.

Setting the BIOS to 133MHz FSB is the only setting that affects whether the machine? Try, if your system board supports dividers, setting your CPU FSB to 133 but your memory to only 100.

You haven't added any hardware recently have you?

Sure sounds similar to what happened to me when I left a giant heatsink in on a plane flight. Minus the CMOS setting. If it starts to the point that you can't boot at all even if FSB is at 100, I would suspect the system board. But right now it's too hard to pinpoint something without troubleshooting individual parts (swapping out CPU, Mem, etc.)

Usually RAM

In my experience its usually the RAM, but sometimes its the power supply, video card or CPU/Motherboard. If its the latter its not so good.

The good news is with an intermittent problem you will probably find its the RAM or video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back