T-Mobile is giving customers a free one-year subscription to Apple TV+

Shawn Knight

Staff member
What just happened? Select T-Mobile customers will soon be able to score a complimentary year of Apple TV+, Cupertino’s ad-free subscription video on demand streaming service. The promotion, which starts August 25, will be available to new and existing customers on T-Mobile’s Magenta or Magenta Max plans as well as Sprint customers on Spring Unlimited Plus and Premium plans. The offer will also be available to select seniors, military members, first responders and small business customers.

To redeem the offer, Magenta, Magenta Max and small business customers can log in to the T-Mobile app or online and check their rate plan details to activate the free subscription starting August 25. Sprint customers are encouraged to visit T-Mobile’s promotions website and enter the promo code 2021APPLETVP1 to redeem.

Notably, the offer is also good for existing Apple TV+ customers. Once you redeem T-Mobile’s offer, your standard Apple TV+ subscription will pause and the one-year freebie will take over. Once the promo ends, Apple billing will resume at the standard $4.99 per month rate unless you take action.

Apple launched its ad-free streaming service in late 2019 and bundled new hardware purchases with a free one-year subscription. That changed this past July as Apple moved to a far less generous three-month trial. Still, that’s better than Disney and Netflix, both of which recently did away with direct free trials entirely.

Speaking of Netflix, T-Mobile is still offering complimentary accounts to that service for select customers. Magenta Max subscribers, for example, can get a standard two-screen HD account through the Netflix on Us promotion.

Permalink to story.

Has Apple TV improved then? It has good content but the last time I used it on a PC the browser version was hopeless and was stuck in standard definition. Obviously an attempt to get users to buy Apple devices to playback on

Anything to keep customers on the sh*ttacular service that is T-Mobile.

Even with all of the improvements and consumer growth, they still can’t manage more than 1 bar of LTE in numerous areas of my MAJOR metropolitan city. When my own VZW/ATT service has provided 5G (UWB for VZW) for some time now.

Too bad their SIGNAL sucks. Tried em for a month. Even in a populated city of 200,000, with an area of 500,000 people, I had to keep 5G turned off, and my signal was so bad within the city at home, I had to use wi-fi. And I did a search using an app to tell you what tower you are hitting, it was less than 3 blocks away, with nothing blocking it.
I think over time, they might get better, once they get all of the Sprint stuff worked out, but for now, I went back to my old carrier.

Too bad their SIGNAL sucks. Tried em for a month. Even in a populated city of 200,000, with an area of 500,000 people, I had to keep 5G turned off, and my signal was so bad within the city at home, I had to use wi-fi. And I did a search using an app to tell you what tower you are hitting, it was less than 3 blocks away, with nothing blocking it.
I think over time, they might get better, once they get all of the Sprint stuff worked out, but for now, I went back to my old carrier.
Service has definitely degraded since they purchase of Sprint. My guess is their towers aren’t optimized for their network yet, hopefully it improves, the new town I moved in has poor service. When it swaps between 5G and LTE it’s real bad.

HAHA LOL Free yeah right there's no such thing as free when it's bundled with something else that costs you money you can bet your bottom dollar it's worked into your monthly bill even if you're not paying anymore than you are now it just means T-Mobile is just taking less of a cut

Back