T6532 just bit the dust a week ago, want to take HDD out and use it on an enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this forum that gave me the answer as to what caused my Emachine T6532 to fail. The T6532 was a great machine with an Achilles heel. I had a previous Emachine that still works. My Opinion, I think Gateway cost cutting probably contributed to the motherboard failure. Just my Opinion. I want to retrieve my 200gb Hard drive and put it in an external Vantec NexStar 3 USB Case that "raybay suggested". I think I need the IDE version as opposed to the Sata version. Is that true I found it at Tiger Direct. Thanks.

If you don't know for sure, remove the hard drive and look at it. If you don't know what you are looking for, it should be on the label.

By the way, you are in the wrong forum. This forum is only for introductions, not questions. Also, no need to double post.

I looked a few places and couldn't confirm that the drive was IDE, thats easy enough to tell by looking at it though (IDE will have a wide data connection ribbon coming from it, SATA would have a thin cable). As for the Vantec enclosure, I don't have that particular model, but I have the 1st edition of it and its worked fine for me for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back