Take a look at this tiny mouse wheel you can operate with your foot

midian182

Staff member
WTF?! If someone can think up an input device for a computer, there’s a good chance it will end up as a real product. Take, for example, the Crazy Small Wheel, a miniature mouse wheel peripheral designed to be operated by a user’s foot.

PC Watch (via Tom’s Hardware) reports that the device is the latest in Japanese company Cooyoo’s Crazy Small line of peripherals. It’s essentially nothing more than a tiny, USB Type-C clickable mouse wheel that measures just 1.8 x 1.5 x 1 inches and weighs 22 pounds. The firm’s website shows it being operated by a hand/finger, but there are also images of someone using their foot to move the wheel.

While this may initially appear to be something aimed at foot fetishists, the wheel, which is also clickable, could be utilized by those with mobility issues that make using traditional mouse functions difficult. The design could also be helpful for business presentations where the wheel's preferable to a mouse for scrolling and clicking through slides (or Excel, based on the video below).

Not only does the driverless Crazy Small Wheel work across Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iPadOS, but it also comes with several features: the wheel click can be disabled for those who find they keep activating it by accident, and sensitivity, rotation, and scroll direction can be altered. Tom’s notes that the settings can be changed via a command mode, accessed by powering up the Crazy Small Wheel while holding down the click wheel.

PC Watch writes that the Crazy Small Wheel, which came about through a crowdfunding campaign by Cooyoo, will be priced at JPY 3,050, or around $27, plus shipping. It’s currently listed as unavailable on Amazon Japan. No word on overseas availability.

Permalink to story.

22 lbs is obviously a typo, but interestingly if it was 2.2 lbs then this little guy is worth a great deal of money since at the quoted volume it could only be 2.2 lbs if it was made of pure Osmium/Iridium/Platinum/Rhenium.

So, my guess is maybe .22 lbs.

Ah, so I clicked on the link (Logitech M705, using my ear and earlobe) and the announcement says it weighs 22 grams. The number is right, but the unit of measurement is wrong.

This is a great thing for people with limited (or no) use of their arms. For the rest of us though, it's going to go nowhere fast.

Personally I wish there were more peripherals for the foot. It takes some of the strain and load off of the hands, which are overworked as is, and you can do some fun things with games with them.

I bought a cheap three-pedal peripheral which I think is normally used for transcription and set it up to work with Grand Theft Auto as gas, brake, and reverse pedals, plus walking, and it makes traveling a lot less straining as I don't have to hold down one key with my finger to walk or run around.

Personally I wish there were more peripherals for the foot. It takes some of the strain and load off of the hands, which are overworked as is, and you can do some fun things with games with them.

I bought a cheap three-pedal peripheral which I think is normally used for transcription and set it up to work with Grand Theft Auto as gas, brake, and reverse pedals, plus walking, and it makes traveling a lot less straining as I don't have to hold down one key with my finger to walk or run around.
Well that's exactly what I was going to suggest. Either a driving game or a Flight Simulator, using the pedals as rudder.

Well that's exactly what I was going to suggest. Either a driving game or a Flight Simulator, using the pedals as rudder.
Meh, go big, or go home. (Or rather stay on the ground).

Besides, if you're that into flight simulation, Logitech already has pedal systems:
flight-rudder-pedals8.png

Not to mention I can picture have to screw plywood stops behind these things to stop them from skidding across the floor, let alone that Tinkertoy junk.

Last edited:
Meh, go big, or go home. (Or rather stay on the ground).

Besides, if you're that into flight simulation, Logitech already has pedal systems:
flight-rudder-pedals8.png

Not to mention I can picture have to screw plywood stops behind these things to stop them from skidding across the floor, let alone that Tinkertoy junk.
Honestly, I can't stand Flight Simulator software because I actually do fly. Not having a plane physically reacting to your control input is remarkably boring when you know the thrill of the real thing. Now a REAL flight-simulator like the ones that Air Canada operates are a whole different story. :laughing:

@Avro Arrow You guys in the great white north have what I consider this Yankee's wet dream, ultra light license free flight rules up to about 460 Lbs. Here, it's only slightly more than half that. That's pretty much the difference between an actual aircraft and a powered kite.

I've flown a plane, and I was an avid RC flyer. I never could land my M$ FS 2004. Other than that, I don't consider flight sims too much more than navigation training for the pilot's test. And well, studying is boring.

So yeah, just spinning up the engine gives you feedback you can't get from software.

Assuming you're not already aware of him, this guy is an aviation madman. Well worth a look. He's got more natural energy and skills than a half dozen of we normal mortals: https://www.mikepatey.com

@Avro Arrow You guys in the great white north have what I consider this Yankee's wet dream, ultra light license free flight rules up to about 460 Lbs. Here, it's only slightly more than half that. That's pretty much the difference between an actual aircraft and a powered kite.
You're right about that but at the same time I'd be terrified to fly in an ultralight that weighed so little. It'd have to be a 2-stroke and those things are death-traps. Maybe if I was only 30' off the ground it'd be ok. :laughing:
I've flown a plane, and I was an avid RC flyer. I never could land my M$ FS 2004. Other than that, I don't consider flight sims too much more than navigation training for the pilot's test. And well, studying is boring.
You got that right. I have a friend who is also a pilot and he LOVES FS2020. While I must admit that the scenery is amazing, you're right, it's all about flight plans and navigation. I was actually going to try to do a flight plan in which I could take a C152 and fly it to Reykjavik. That would be an interesting challenge flying up through Nunavut and then across Greenland.
So yeah, just spinning up the engine gives you feedback you can't get from software.
Hell yeah it does. So too does aileron tilt and elevator rotation in a turn. I also love the buffeting of full flaps on final in a power-off landing. It gets bumpy and that's half of the fun! :D
Assuming you're not already aware of him, this guy is an aviation madman. Well worth a look. He's got more natural energy and skills than a half dozen of we normal mortals: https://www.mikepatey.com
Wow, that IS cool! I love the "Monster Truck" Ultralight that he has and that long-nosed racer is just amazing! Thanks for this! :D

Back