Turtle Beach new racing wheel and pedal kit includes digital dashboard, direct-drive force...

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: Turtle Beach is expanding its VelocityOne series of simulation game controllers with the introduction of the VelocityOne Race. The company's first wheel and pedal setup is billed as a complete, authentic racing setup for PC and Xbox. It features a K: Drive direct-drive force feedback motor that is adjustable on-the-fly for smooth, low-latency steering and an accurate representation of in-game terrain.

The pedal assembly includes a Dynamic Brake Tek load-cell braking system that applies stopping power based on how much pressure you apply to the pedal, which can be adjusted directly from the Race Management Display (RMD) or the companion tuner app.

The RMD is an advanced digital dashboard, much like variants you may have seen in the real world, that replaces old analog instrument clusters with a custom digital readout. Here, you'll have access to real-time race telemetry from supported racing titles as well as 10 onboard memory profiles with button mapping and force feedback preferences.

Note that game support is dependent on developer integration, so you'll want to keep an eye on the compatibility list for the latest additions.

Other noteworthy features include Mag-Shift gear paddles, dual analog paddles with magnetic Hall Effect sensors for clutch and handbrake control, a hand-stitched leather wheel, and a customizable modular control unit.

Turtle Beach is a well-known player in the gaming accessory market. Founded in the mid-70s, the company eventually built a name for itself in the PC audio space before moving on to become a leader in the gaming headset industry. Turtle Beach further expanded its reach into the PC market in 2019 when it acquired German peripheral company Roccat for $19.3 million.

The Turtle Beach VelocityOne Race is designed for PC and Xbox, and is available to pre-order from today priced at $649.99. Look for it to land in stores worldwide on February 26, 2024. Those in need for a cockpit to fully build out their racing sim might also want to have a look at the recently launched Playseat Challenge X - Logitech G Edition.

Permalink to story.

If the price includes those cool pedals, not bad.
From what I have seen at Moza and Fanatec,
this tier of pedals pushes the price of such set close to 800-900 dollars.
It would be interesting to know the base's power to compare it to other wheel bases.

Yeah, good luck selling that at this price. Especially as a first, so it's bound to have a lot of initial issues. It'd have to be CHEAPER than say, the G923 (which sells for like half the price with its shifter included), in order for me to even consider it.

I considered buying something like this to help my son pass his driving test but at this price I think I'd prefer he just continue damaging my car!

Yeah, good luck selling that at this price. Especially as a first, so it's bound to have a lot of initial issues. It'd have to be CHEAPER than say, the G923 (which sells for like half the price with its shifter included), in order for me to even consider it.
This has a direct drive motor and proper pedals, It's SEVERAL classes above the G923.

The price is actually pretty reasonable comparing it to its actual peers from Fanatec for example.

This has a direct drive motor and proper pedals, It's SEVERAL classes above the G923.

The price is actually pretty reasonable comparing it to its actual peers from Fanatec for example.
Then I guess it's not for me.

Still, Fanatec DDs are still on par in price, but that's an established brand, and this one isn't.

Also, I think that "several classes above" claim is an exaggeration. One class, probably.

I may be in the minority here but the screen would be pointless to me and I would hope most racing gamers as I exclusively race in VR only. There is no reason not to, it is 10 times more immersive and stimulating sitting in the VR cockpit versus looking at a monitor. Yes I know there is TrackIR and things which are decent, but VR is just its own level for any sort of sit-down simulations.

Anyway, it does look like a nice piece of hardware - but the price also seems quite high.

Back