Techspot extremely slow connection. Server-problem?

RealBlackStuff

Lately my connection to Techspot is extremely slow.
A server with IP 70.85.4.244 belonging to ThePlanet keeps mixing with 12.96.164.87 (Techspot itself) and the ever-present Spinbox.versiontracker.
Together they manage to grind my connection to a halt! :dead:

Is there a server-problem? I used to fly through Techspot, now it takes nearly a minute to go to the next screen.
I have no viruses/virii, trojans or other evil-doers on my PC and have a 512Kb broadband connection.
Any other website works great.
Solutions or help anyone?

70.85.4.244 = new server
12.96.164.87 = old server

Old server is currently redirecting to New server.
New server is the only delivering files right now.

I'd suggest two things:
1) In the command prompt type: ipconfig /flushdns
2) Temporarily add to your hosts file (/windows/system32/drivers/etc/) a line:
70.85.4.244 www.techspot.com

Let me know how that goes.

About an hour after I sent an email to Julio, it was working OK again. I posted a few threads on TS, but these either never got accepted, or they were deleted, how? I don't know. I edited my above post, and it went through, but shortly afterwards, the change was "undone". Again, don't know how or why.
To be sure, I also changed my TS-password, in case some unmentionable "hacked" any of my posts.

Whatever, it is all working fine again.

realblackstuff; most probably your posts got posted on the old server, and now you are accessing the new server...

That may be so, but today 8 December 2004, I answered a couple of posts, started 2 new threads , and none of it is there! I even sent three private messages to Julio, LNCPapa and Didou, and none of these show up. Does someone have it in for me?

Strange stuff... I haven't got anything from you. Have you tried already with "ipconfig /flushdns" in the command prompt?

Julio, I have indeed.
Nodsu, that was the first thing I did.
I think Per Hanson may be on the right track.

I also had my Internet connection upgraded today from 512Kb to 1Mb, with completely new hardware from my ISP (I have encrypted wireless internet, with an antenna on the roof, line-of-sight to the ISP's transmitter about 4KM away). But I don't think that my getting a new, different fixed IP has anything to do with this more than strange behaviour.
Were there a number of server-refreshes today, perhaps some rollbacks?

Back