TechSpot rendering weird on Galaxy Note 3

slamscaper

This desktop version of this website is rendering with a huge gap on the right hand side when my Note 3 is in landscape mode. This occurs in three different browsers... Anyone else experience this? Very annoying!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-20-23-20-10.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-20-23-20-10.png
    747.5 KB · Views: 11
Looks like the right side is cut off. The links Apple, Microsoft, Security and More isn't showing to the right of IT. Drivers, Extra and the About tabs are missing too. No search box either.

I see something similar when viewing in portrait on my Asus TF700T, using the build in, Firefox and Chrome browsers. The Drivers and Extra tabs are gone, no Search box. Features and Reviews, Trending Tech Products, Hot PC Games Releases, etc. aren't showing either. But the web sites is back to normal when the tablet is in landscape mode.

Haven't noticed this until now, since the tablet usually is in landscape.

Yeah I'm not sure what the heck is going on there. Never saw anything like that before on this site. I found that I could fix it by changing the default zoom level in Dolphin to 50%, which is strange because manually zooming in and out has no effect on the visual anomaly.

BTW, thanks for moving my thread here. I never meant to post in the hardware section.

It definitely has something to do with the default zoom setting. Chrome doesn't even allow one to adjust this so I can' t fix it in Chrome. Setting Dolphin to a 50% zoom fixes the issue on this site, but makes other sites hard to read.

I don't have a Note 3 at hand to test with though when we reviewed it we didn't observe similar issues. Having that said, in a few weeks a TechSpot redesign that is fully responsive (and will unify desktop and mobile sites) will go live.

It definitely has something to do with the default zoom setting. Chrome doesn't even allow one to adjust this so I can' t fix it in Chrome. Setting Dolphin to a 50% zoom fixes the issue on this site, but makes other sites hard to read.

Yep, got the same result here. By changing the default zoom from medium to far, the web page was displayed properly in portrait mode. Strange behavior.

I don't have a Note 3 at hand to test with though when we reviewed it we didn't observe similar issues. Having that said, in a few weeks a TechSpot redesign that is fully responsive (and will unify desktop and mobile sites) will go live.

Cool, looking forward to it.

Back