Tesla is reportedly sprucing up the Model S with additional options as early as next week

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Much of the attention Tesla has received as of late relates to its Model 3 sedan, and for good reason. The highly anticipated budget-minded electric vehicle has already been pre-ordered more than 325,000 times – well beyond what anyone expected.

The Model 3 owes its very existence to the vehicles before it, namely the Model S. Albeit pricey, the four-door sedan proved to the auto industry and consumers that an electric car could offer respectable range from its batteries, deliver incredible performance and look good doing it… at least, on the outside.

Critics of the Model S have cited its lackluster interior as one of the few areas that doesn’t quite match up to luxury counterparts from companies like Audi, BMW and Mercedes. It’s something Tesla is looking to address, perhaps as early as next week.

Sources from inside the company tell CNET that a series of updates are in the pipeline that’ll both simplify manufacturing and add a bit more functionality to the interior.

New options are said to include the seats from the Model X (complete with ventilation) and additional storage compartments including pockets on the doors.

The changes aren’t limited to the interior, however, as the nose of the car will also reportedly receive a new look. LED headlights are on the docket, as are additional exterior paint colors.

The publication says the updates will come with a price increase although the amount hasn’t yet been revealed.

Permalink to story.

Sources from inside the company tell CNET that a series of updates are in the pipeline that’ll both simplify manufacturing and add a bit more functionality to the interior.
That's one link I will not click on. CNET, is a site I avoid like a plague. I consider it a public service, warning people about visiting that place.

But will it still look like a Ford Mondeo? Until they lose that look I won't be interested.

It just needs proper styling...

6d51d8a2-13e9-4095-b52f-df28776e4f45.jpg

You mean Aston Martin? I'm pretty sure Ford got some inspiration from them.

All I ever see if a overpriced Ford Mondeo when I see a model S. It's a shame because I love the tech, there just isn't the looks to justify a
£80k price tag on my opinion.

All I ever see if a overpriced Ford Mondeo when I see a model S. It's a shame because I love the tech, there just isn't the looks to justify a £80k price tag on my opinion.

In UK, fully loaded Teslas with the minimum mileage sell for under £65k, and under £60k, if you know how to negotiate.

Links:

Still, I agree, it ain't worth it. And lots of offers to buy such fresh second-hand cars proves that people have been disappointed with the car.

All I ever see if a overpriced Ford Mondeo when I see a model S. It's a shame because I love the tech, there just isn't the looks to justify a £80k price tag on my opinion.

In UK, fully loaded Teslas with the minimum mileage sell for under £65k, and under £60k, if you know how to negotiate.

Links:

Still, I agree, it ain't worth it. And lots of offers to buy such fresh second-hand cars proves that people have been disappointed with the car.

They miss the sound of an engine.

They miss the sound of an engine.
I had never thought of that, I know for me especially with the old Muscle cars of the late '60's (when you could actually work on the engine yourself) and with the motorcycle there is an immense satisfaction from the sound when you crank the throttle and let it rip. The success of the car movie's like Fast and Furious series shows this also.

Especially in light of the fact, there's nothing available as an exact replacement! So.......

anti-nixon-poster-1960-granger.jpg

Or this one?
elon-musk-crazy.png

Back