The Best Monitor for Your Budget: From $150 to $1,000+

I went and picked up a 165hz 27" from Dell for $209 direct. They even included free FedEx Express shipping. Great monitor, and its a VA panel, which doesn't bother me at all. 2K gaming looks fab on it. AMD Freesync works a treat also!

These are your recommendations for gaming monitors. What about a list for productivity monitors?

There is some overlap, but clearly they are not the same. We are working on updating our guide from early 2023, but it won't be ready for a few more weeks:

On the upside, the product life cycle is longer for productivity models, too.

Why not the dell G2724D for 300 price range? Ok the refresh rate is little bit slower than the LG 27GP850 27 but overall I believe it is a better monitor with better image quality. And at least in my country you can find it 30 euros cheaper than the lg.

Imagine paying 500$ just to stare at a 27" monitor. Or even 400... Or even 300... Just imagine using a 27" monitor in this day and age :)))

There is some overlap, but clearly they are not the same. We are working on updating our guide from early 2023, but it won't be ready for a few more weeks:

On the upside, the product life cycle is longer for productivity models, too.
The Samsung U28R550 should be on your productivity list. It goes on sale at Best Buy for $200 to $240 regularly. It's a no-frills 28" 2160p IPS monitor. I bought one months ago, and would like to upgrade, but I can't find anything for less that $500 to touch it. For productivity, it's ideal. I'd like to see TechSpot review some 2880p monitors. Right now, there aren't many, but for productivity, that would be a great resolution, set at a nice, even 200% scaling in Windows. The Samsung S9 is a 2880p option, but it's overpriced. If they would remove the entertainment nonsense and lower the price, I'd be interested, as would many other productivity users. A 2880p IPS Black monitor would be an end game monitor at 28" to 32".

Made me double check the size of my current monitor. 32" HP Pavilion. Meh refresh rate, but nicely sized for my casual use. Guess I'll stay where I am.
60 Hz is fine for productivity, general use, and casual gaming. Don't let the FPS snobs tell you any different. Resolution is far more important when it comes to a productivity and general use monitor. 2160p on a 27" to 32", scaled to 150% is just right. 2880p would be great, if such a monitor existed at a reasonable price.

60 Hz is fine for productivity, general use, and casual gaming. Don't let the FPS snobs tell you any different. Resolution is far more important when it comes to a productivity and general use monitor. 2160p on a 27" to 32", scaled to 150% is just right. 2880p would be great, if such a monitor existed at a reasonable price.
100% with you, pal

I love everything about that ASUS ROG Strix 27. But 2k I do not like.
You add that one feature and it would be such a tasty option.
Oh well...

It would be better to arrange them by size! Like the best 32" for the money and so fort! I had to struggle picking out a 32" for my brother for Christmas!!WOW

yes, and no ... 60hz is the bare mininum for some casual work, more than 2 hours looking at a 60hz, your eyes start to fatigue, the key is the Panel quality. its not really about the Hertz thing, more about the response time and image quality. And if I had to choose between a 100hz VA panel, or a 60Hz IPS panel, I would prefer the IPS panel for a mariade of reasons. DPI/PPI are important also.

yes, and no ... 60hz is the bare mininum for some casual work, more than 2 hours looking at a 60hz, your eyes start to fatigue, the key is the Panel quality. its not really about the Hertz thing, more about the response time and image quality. And if I had to choose between a 100hz VA panel, or a 60Hz IPS panel, I would prefer the IPS panel for a mariade of reasons. DPI/PPI are important also.
That's you. Most workplace monitors are 60 Hz 1080p, including those where I work. My eyes are poor, and old, and I work eight hours a day on just such a monitor without issue, as do my hundreds of coworkers. I hear claims like yours all the time, but when tested, the vast majority of users can't identify 60 Hz versus 120 Hz. Same goes for most casual gamers. And anytime I hear even an elite gamer say they can tell 144 Hz from anything higher, my BS radar goes off.

Back