The Best PC Games (You Should Be Playing)

So, most of the best games to play on pc are on consoles, too! And you wonder why people prefer consoles and the big titles sale a lot more on consoles. All of my friends on pc are stuck on Fortnite, Pubg, Lol and Mu. Where are the new high level strategy games? Where are the great shooters?

I'm finding it really hard to be excited for games these last few years. We get so many stinkers, so many poorly made games, the rampant monetization, and the lack of "fresh paint" or new IPs in general. Hell, one of the games on this "best of 2018" list came out in 2013 FFS!

Just cause 4 was the one game I was looking forward to, and besides being a graphical downgrade in areas, its performance is absolutely atrocious, and the story doesnt look to be much better then 3's. A far cry from JC2's campiness.

The only game I have left to look forward to is Ace Combat 7, and Hoping, against all odds, that project aces learned their lesson with assault horizon and delivers a proper arcade flyer this time. The footage we have seen is amazingly promising, but I reserve judgement for the full release.

Maybe in my old age (early 20s) I am simply being left behind by the gaming industry? It just feels like a shell of its former self. We dont get the same games we were getting in the golden era, and that makes me sad.

I would add CS:GO for FPS games and Eve Online for MMOs. The first is a benchmark for all FPS games and the second is a very deep experience that you either hate or love.
GLHF o7

So, most of the best games to play on pc are on consoles, too! And you wonder why people prefer consoles and the big titles sale a lot more on consoles. All of my friends on pc are stuck on Fortnite, Pubg, Lol and Mu. Where are the new high level strategy games? Where are the great shooters?
Don't worry you still have a ton of strategy games and great shooters. FYI all shooters play objectively better on PC than on any console. So do all strategy games.

Your friends aren't stuck in any game. They just play what they like and those games are very popular. Online games are a big deal on PC.

Don't worry you still have a ton of strategy games and great shooters. FYI all shooters play objectively better on PC than on any console. So do all strategy games.

Your friends aren't stuck in any game. They just play what they like and those games are very popular. Online games are a big deal on PC.
Like what? What great strategy games have come out this year?

It's a really **** move for Rockstar not to release Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC and making us wait many months.

I'm playing it now for PS4 and it looks and plays amazing. It's the new GTA V. Incredible.
If it was on PC it would be on this list.

Too bad if you want to play it you have to play it on PEON low quality consoles running at 30 fps. Cant wonder how good the game could have been if it was on scalable PC's with modern hardware. The weak consoles don't do the game justice. It would have been so much better on PC and would really showcase the hard work Rockstar's developers intended.

Now I have to buy it for PC as well when it comes out, I have to pay twice for the same game. THis way I get the upgraded version and FREE UNLIMITED online VS consoles that make you pay monthly (which is a huge scam).

If I want to pay online I guess I have to buy it for PC eventually. I may just wait for the PC version to go down to $30. But seeing the popularity of GTA V and high the price is always high, I doubt it will go down in price that much.

Regardless it's a great game worth playing twice story mode and countless side quests.
It sucks that Rockstar is stealing so much money this way but it's very smart of them too.

It's crazy how EPIC is worth 15 billion dollars and how so many people are crazy about Battle Royale. It appeals to casual competitive players. presenting a niche of gaming that appeals to the masses. Kind of like how Dota 2 appealed to so many, here is another mass appeal game. Way to go EPIC.

CS:GO goes free on steam. they realized how much money fortnite makes with this "free-to-play" concept.

Like what? What great strategy games have come out this year?

Into the Breach, A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia, BattleTech, Frozen Synapse 2, Ancestor’s Legacy, AI War 2, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2, They Are Billions, Frostpunk, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Total War: Arena, Surviving Mars

All of those games are good and I can write a lot more.

CS:GO goes free on steam. they realized how much money fortnite makes with this "free-to-play" concept.
Valve has done f2p for a long time now. They just could not let CS:GO turn f2p until they had a better system to deal with cheaters. Now that VAC, VACnet, Prime and Trust Factor have proven that they work decently they made the switch.

Why people prefer consoles? I assume they don't have the money or know how to build their own PC.

I can't really disagree with what you are saying. To release games on platforms most people play on... There's plenty of what you are looking for, high level strategy games, great shooters... I mean (always a matter of opinion) but if you are looking, you shouldnt have any trouble finding them.

Yep. That's why the term sheep exists. Don't forget to buy Skyrim on every platform as well.

There's discounted games available if you download digital versions (up to 50% off launch day) . And there are free versions too obviously, though you can't play them online. Might as well play the free version for PC until it comes down in price with those online vendors like kinguin etc

It's a really **** move for Rockstar not to release Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC and making us wait many months.

I'm playing it now for PS4 and it looks and plays amazing. It's the new GTA V. Incredible.
If it was on PC it would be on this list.

Too bad if you want to play it you have to play it on PEON low quality consoles running at 30 fps. Cant wonder how good the game could have been if it was on scalable PC's with modern hardware. The weak consoles don't do the game justice. It would have been so much better on PC and would really showcase the hard work Rockstar's developers intended.

Now I have to buy it for PC as well when it comes out, I have to pay twice for the same game. THis way I get the upgraded version and FREE UNLIMITED online VS consoles that make you pay monthly (which is a huge scam).

If I want to pay online I guess I have to buy it for PC eventually. I may just wait for the PC version to go down to $30. But seeing the popularity of GTA V and high the price is always high, I doubt it will go down in price that much.

Regardless it's a great game worth playing twice story mode and countless side quests.
It sucks that Rockstar is stealing so much money this way but it's very smart of them too.

It's crazy how EPIC is worth 15 billion dollars and how so many people are crazy about Battle Royale. It appeals to casual competitive players. presenting a niche of gaming that appeals to the masses. Kind of like how Dota 2 appealed to so many, here is another mass appeal game. Way to go EPIC.

Epic is over valued, this is the problem with public listed companies on the stock market. Valve doesn't have to cater to share holders, they're not forced into a corner to rise prices or shove advertisement down people's throats. CSGO came out in 2012, it's probably been paid off 100x over through the community alone.

GTA, Far Cry and Fallout. Was always hopeful Red Dead Redemption would come to PC, but wasn't going to buy a console just to play it.

Fortnite - NO! PUBG- NO!

I do not support quick cash grab games such as these.

Should be playing:
Battlefield V
Green Hell
Frostpunk

I'm finding it really hard to be excited for games these last few years. We get so many stinkers, so many poorly made games, the rampant monetization, and the lack of "fresh paint" or new IPs in general. Hell, one of the games on this "best of 2018" list came out in 2013 FFS!

Just cause 4 was the one game I was looking forward to, and besides being a graphical downgrade in areas, its performance is absolutely atrocious, and the story doesnt look to be much better then 3's. A far cry from JC2's campiness.

The only game I have left to look forward to is Ace Combat 7, and Hoping, against all odds, that project aces learned their lesson with assault horizon and delivers a proper arcade flyer this time. The footage we have seen is amazingly promising, but I reserve judgement for the full release.

Maybe in my old age (early 20s) I am simply being left behind by the gaming industry? It just feels like a shell of its former self. We dont get the same games we were getting in the golden era, and that makes me sad.

The gaming industry has lost quality innovation, in the 90s games were by and large innovative. Not so much now as cookie cutter and minimum effort reign.

Back