The Most Awkward Moments in Tech

It's fun to act like a complete jerk at times in private and in front of people we know, we all do it. But if you're a company big cheese, try to show some restraint while the eyes of the world are upon you.
If it was the early 1900's, Steve Ballmer would've been a very creditable replacement for Oliver Hardy in the Laurel & Hardy shows with his natural stupidity and roly poly figure.

Poor Microsoft, I feel ashamed of being a fan of theirs today....well, more so than usual.

"...Ballmer took to the stage with the energy of a man who’d just snorted every gram of cocaine the 1980s produced (he hadn’t)."

Hadn't he? Are you sure? All signs point to Yes (he did).

"...Ballmer took to the stage with the energy of a man who’d just snorted every gram of cocaine the 1980s produced (he hadn’t)."

Hadn't he? Are you sure? All signs point to Yes (he did).

Surely someone would have been brave enough to tell him that he 'looked' like he was on drugs, and surely he would be smart enough to see the truth in that unless he _was_ on drugs? Either way they could use that in an anti-drug campaign. 'This what you look like when you take drugs. Do you want your friends to see acting like this?'.

I don't know the timing, but could Steve Jobs have recently learned that he had a terminal illness when acting a bit tetchy with the audience? I am quite sure my tolerance levels would be wafer thin if I had just learned I was soon going to die, and I am just a normal person. Steve had a head full of ideas that he passionately wanted to make real, and suddenly knows that for all his wealth, it isn't going to happen. Yep. I'd have given that audience hell under those circumstances.

And over here we have a collection of videos showcasing what you would look like if you were a rich nerd.

That SAME "Windows Voice Recognition" app shipped with Windows 7 in 2010 and beyond, so them blaming "Vista" or "ambient noise" is nonsense.

I wasted a few hours myself trying to get that WinVoRec to work right on my PC but it never did. Total crap.

Funny side note: Two years ago (Xmas 2015), I bought my niece a cheap Chinese-made Android tablet and tried to search for software using Voice Recognition, but repeatedly trying to search for "Reading software" and it responding "Leading software" went from comical to frustrating after about 2 minutes.

"Reading software."
"(ding dig) Leading software"
"Reading software."
"(ding dig) Leading software"
"READING!"
""(ding dig) Leading."
"READ!"
"(ding dig) Lead."

Chinese tablet to be sure. :D

After less than 1 percent of iTunes users had chosen to download the album, Apple decided people simply mustn’t realize what an amazing opportunity they’re passing up. In a piece of marketing that can only be described as “drunken,” the company decided to make the downloads automatic.
Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that 99% of users had no interest in U2 now would it?!!

The man that brought you the current state of affairs at MSInc, in all his glory.
The Ballmerectomy may never complete.. as the obvious diagnosis of the disease is Still under debate.
MHO

Steve jobs and steve ballmer = bald steves. I guess the rich and influential people are like the rest of us, with flaws...

When you're as wealthy as Ballmer you can literally do whatever the heck you want and not care in the slightest about it

Back