Three question

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew19

hi guys

i have three questions for you

1 which internet browser is good to use opera firefox or IE7

2 which anti-virus is good norton or kaspersky or other

3 are there any good software i could use for college I.E wesite design software coding and programing software

reason why i am asking these is because my dad though the IE 7 is good and i asked him about norton and he told me to leve it on.

what do you think

1: Firefox or Opera
2: Not Norton. Not Kapersky. Not McAfee. Try AVG, Avast, CA EZArmor, CA EZ Antivirus, Nod32, Sophos, Shield Pro, Trend Micro, or even Panda over the ones you listed.
3: Dream Weaver, Macromedia Flash Pro 8, Adobe Flex, Namo Web Editor, Web Studio, Web Design Studio, Front Page is acceptable if you are not aiming to be a professional.

Perhaps you could boil down your requirements some.
IE 7 is good. Opera is very good. Firefox is great.
In our experience, you will eventually have big problems with infestations or removals with Norton... though the new Norton 360 looks good.

ok so for the internet which should i use and which has more security. i have been recomended kapersky for anti-virus and what is the best web design programe i can use that was listed raybay

if you can think of anything else which should be useful for me please let me know

We discussed the browser issue as recently as 18 hours ago. I recommend you read this thread for some thoughts on browsers. It also may not hurt to look at the listing of threads in this Misc Software forum and see how many problems there are with Firefox.

Download and install both Opera and Firefox, then see which one you prefer. Once you`ve decided which one you like the most, uninstall the other.

They are both very good browsers. I personally prefer Firefox, but then again, that`s probably because I`ve used it for such a long time.

Regards Howard :)

matthew19 said:
... are there any good software i could use for college I.E wesite design software coding and programing software
As a professional software engineer, I can tell you there's no silver bullet for
either discipline. If your major will be computer science, I highly recommend
against ANY/ALL GUI design tools as they contaminate your learning of the fundamentals.

Website design is HTTP/HTML and a flock of other related subjects like
Javascript, Java, CGI programming (which really runs on the webserver, not
in the client viewed page(s) ), and XML markup.

Software programming is a large body of concepts, languages, compilers, and source control.
There's just no shortcut to learning this so as to create usable software products.

If you're just having fun for your personal / non-professional development, then
FrontPage is a good place to start.

It is a personal preference issue... Opera is really quite wonderful. Firefox is more useful on some kinds of connecting and browsing.
Both are free. You can download and test either one... and easily delete it.

opera ,don't like , to cluttered up
firefox verrry goood
I don't run the newest version of FF the cookie handler bugs me

Dreamweaver the best pick lots of addon's for it
once you go around block you'll remember the basic code and be typing in manually.
it's the goodies that will save time
programming software is like what car do you like to drive and where you drive it to.
hard core go with C++ and borland software
visual basic, power basic for quick GUI programming
java ,php, most for internet
the list goes on
I don't run any virus software
last up time was 80 days rebooted for a modem fix and reg fix
good firewalls and common sense
and a barrell of monkeys ,almost forgot them :chef:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back