Toshiba A210-11p Overheating problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so i have had a Toshiba a210-11p now for about a year and since i have got it, it has ALWAYS gotten extremely hot!!!! i mean so hot you could litterally fry an egg on it it's rediculous =(.. in the past few months though it has been overheating EXTREMELY rapidly and just dying... It does this everyday without fail and i need to have it propped up on big supports so the fan on the graphics card can attempt to suck in air, i also have the graphics card on Powerplay (ati radeon hd 2600xt) on powersaver so the card is barely running at all because it will explode otherwise.. i have opened it up and cleaned the fans of grease and dust but the heat is unbearable still on it it's the WHOLE laptop not just a particular point even the keyboard heats up very bad so it's not just the card sometimes that can be the coolest part of the laptop and the rest will be so hot it would stick to your skin... I am just wondering is this a thing that happens with Toshiba laptops because it's been like this since i got it but only in the few months has it annoyingly been overheating itself to the point of crashing itself if so.. why? and if not.. why is it happening to mine and what solutions are there? this is very distressing for me as it wasnt the cheapest laptop and i need it generally for my work cant even listen to music on it anymore without it nearly going on fire on me lol :) please help me ^^) thank you :)

Go purchase a laptop cooling platform from Wal-Mart or Best Buy, and keep your laptop on it. Do you have a habit of using your laptop on a bed, carpet or your lap? The cooling platform has fans that aid your laptops cooling abilities. Are you sure that the laptop is clean and free of dust, and are all the fans running? You might try reseting your shutoff/standby settings in Windows to their defaults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back