Triple Monitor Help

Hi all, I have a quick question about a triple monitor configuration. I am trying to set up three older computer monitors to work with my laptop and Xbox. I really want it to extend the display of the Xbox, but instead what happens with both the Xbox and laptop is the monitors act as another screen, but all mirror each other. In this sense, I could plug in my Xbox, and I would essentially get three monitors displaying the same thing. For the physical setup, all monitors have a power port and a VGA port, so what I did is I got a VGA splitter box with 1 input and 4 outputs and connected all the monitor's VGA's to that box's outputs, and I have a VGA chord with a VGA(female) to HDMI(male) adapter connecting to the Xbox. Is there anything I am able to do to be able to have triple monitors act more like one very wide screen, as opposed to three screens mirroring each other? Would I have to try to daisy-chain the chords together, or would I have to try something else, or are the monitors limiting this?

Back