Trouble after updating BIOS (Gigabyte Mobo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help!!!!!!!!!

I found a BIOS updation program in my Mother board cd... whn i updated my BIOS and restarted my comp.... it doesnt even show the flash screen... what might be wrong??.... What should i do to revert to old BIOS settings??... plz help....
my thanks in advance...

hey!! how does one reprogram BIOS?? do i relle need a new BIOS chip... can nothing be done to repair the existing chip??

Don't panic yet. Did the utility you used to flash your BIOS report that it was a good flash? If the flash was good then I would suggest that you remove the mobo battery , reset the CMOS jumpers (see your manual for clearing CMOS) and then replace the battery, reboot and see if that clears up the boot issue. You'll still need to reset all BIOS settings regardless.

???????Random bios upgrade??????

vjkancha said:
I need some help!!!!!!!!!
my thanks in advance...
Not all maybe lost.
First off, what is model of gigabyte MoBo?
Second, what was the causes or problems that lead
to bios update?
If the board is not too old, some MoBo mfgr's will replace the
flash rom.
(e-prom chip that stores the bios) not all are removeable,
so you may have to ship MoBo complete.
I've noticed alot more often main board mfgr's post on their
bios download pages: Don't install bios upgrades unless you are having
a stated problem that the upgrade is to fix.
Follow Merc14's suggestion and post back to let us know....
G'Luck

The motherboard tht i hav is - Gigabyte (GA-81845GV series)
and there were no problems with the BIOS, i accidentally updated the BIOS by running that program which came with my mobo cd.

well.. i have tried to reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery and resetting the jumpers.... but it is of no help.... my computer still doesnt boot... it just shows a blank screen and nothing else...

what should i do now??

I have a question. I dont have the manual for the mobo I have and the gigabyte website doesn't have that version in their list (GA-8IRML) Can someone please help me to clear the CMOS. I have the same problem....updated the BIOS now PC wont boot. I have made a backup of the previous BIOS but I need to boot up to reverse what I've done

Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back