Trying to format Maxtor 120GB HD.........[please help]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I have Maxtor 120GB HD that i want to format but do not know how i should go about doing this. My main drive( that came with pc ) is 200GB and i wanted to format the 2nd one(maxtor ultra 120). The included maxblast software will let me format but, i want format with windows xp. I tried fromatting from windows(by right clicking on drive)and was not able to format.
Fdisk does not see drive either or maybe i am doing something wrong. How should i do this?
Please help :hotouch:

Control panel>administrative tools>computer management
in the disk management section right click and format

Thank you,
Disk manage helped, the drive is formatted but GoBack does not see the drive. I can see the drive but GoBack just shows my main drive and it's backup partition.
what next :giddy:

I'm not familiar with Goback, have you used a file system it recognises? Does it offer more features than system restore?

If you download powermax from the maxtor web site you can reformat your hard drive. But I found the seasiest way to use disc management. If you cant see the disc in disc management then check your connecyions. Is this a SATA drive? If so check your integrated peripherals settings in BIOS :approve:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back