Tweaking my Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmotz

Hey I own this Compaq Presario, and I want to boost the clock speed of the processor to 3.0 Ghz from 2.7...It does not appear I can do it in the BIOS, so can anyone tell me if I can tweak the motherboard to do it? Here are the specs below...

Motherboard description Motherboard manufacturer's name: Asus M2N68-LA
HP/Compaq name: Ivy8-GL6

CPU/Processor Socket: AM2
Supports the following processors:
Athlon 64 X2 with Dual Core technology
Athlon 64
Sempron

Front-side bus (FSB) 2000MT/s (2.0 GT/s)

Chipset NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

BIOS features System BIOS core brand: Award
Keyboard combination to used to enter BIOS: F10

Form factor Micro-ATX: 9.6 in X 9.6 in

Memory Dual channel memory architecture
Two 240-pin DDR2 DIMM sockets
Supported DIMM types:
PC2-4200 (533 MHz)
PC2-5300 (667 MHz)
PC2-6400 (800 MHz)
Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
Supports 2GB DDR2 DIMMs
Supports up to 4 GB*
32 bit PCs cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

NOTE: *Actual available memory may be less

Expansion slots Two PCI
One PCI Express x16 graphics (for graphics card)
One PCI Express x1 (for cards such as network, sound, tv-tuner)

Video graphics Integrated graphics using nVidia GeForce 6150SE
Up to 256MB of system memory (with 512MB or more system memory)
Also supports PCI Express x16 graphics cards

Hey people! I installed that nTune, and it lets me tweak my monitor and see how my computer is running, but I don't see where I can actually do any tweaking of the performance.

Hey Joe, i think you might be looking at the performance monitor, after you install have you seen this screen?(see attachment)
for the chipset you have (nForce430) ntune should get you at least partial control (FSB) at least if not voltages.

Hey people! I installed that nTune, and it lets me tweak my monitor and see how my computer is running, but I don't see where I can actually do any tweaking of the performance.
If you don't understand overclocking (which I think is included in the overclocking guides and warning threads), you increase the hypertransport speeds or multiplier, for most processors, you cannot change the multiplier, so you should up the hyperstransport. Normally it should be 200, now don't go crazy and and triple it or something, your cpu speeds will likewise try to triple, fail, and BSOD.

You can look at this:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/phenom-overclock-athlon,2161-3.html

nope

i dont get that window for some reason. Also, the program keeps quitting on me too. Maybe I need to try to reinstall it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back