Inactive Two malware AV's activated in a single go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my computer on while I went away to do something else. When I returned about 15 minutes later, the screen was riddled with popups of the fake AV Security Tool 2010" and a program with a green shield icon with a white checkmark. What is this latter malware called? It seems to have surprisingly little information available on it from official sources.

At first I breathed a sigh of relief since I had considered removing Spybot from my system, but luckily I still had both Spybot and MalwareBytes AntiMalware installed.

Security was easily dispatched to the land of the dead, but the other one required a LOT of scanning and now I'm still not sure whether it's gone or simply hidden from my view.

One of my other problems is that AVG detects a Trojan in xzngjhdt.sys, but I can't remove it because I don't have access to the file. I need to delete all trojans to stop renewed infection. Is it a crucial Windows file? And how would I restore it?

In the mean time I've lost internet connection on said machine and now fatal system error blue screens drop in (see my other thread). I'm not sure what else to do...

What is the best way to detect and shut down malicious processes?

Please read the directions given here and when done, post the requested logs.
Please do not attach the logs unless requested, or unless they are to large to paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back