I run Win 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit. I noticed the problem when my Windows Media Center was unable to download the TV guide. I am using Mircosoft Security Essentials discovered I was unable to retrieve updates after Dec 17th 2013 as well as download MS patches. After digging further I discovered I have a virus that has disabled my ability to access to several specific websites (microsoft & other anti-virus sites). I have tried many methods, esp those in this forum's thread "Chrome-cannot-access-antivirus-sites-or-micorsoft.195286". The tools in that discussion did catch a few items that were considered viruses but did not complete the process. One of the steps toward the end was to use an online tool and that site was blocked. I need help to determine what to do next. I have saved the logs in those steps but also willing to start over if recommended.