Unexpected Computer Restart - Minidump Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I got the attached file from a computer that restarted unexpectedley at about 4.20 in the morning. I am not sure how to open or even understand or what I would be looking for inside this Minidump, so I am looking for some help. As far as I know there was no human intervention involvded in this restart, so I am presuming that the machine crashed and then restarted.

Thanks

You have an 0x50 error and several hardware issues can cause this as well as incompatible software. One of the main causes is bad RAM and your minidump said the probable cause was memory corruption.

Since we only have one dump to work off of we can't be definitive but you can get on this right away by running MemTest and check for memory errors. This should run for a minimum of 7 passes. Any errors and you will need to run this test on each individual stick of RAM you have.

The bad sticks will need to be replaced.

Right click My computer > Manage > Advanced > click on settings for Startup and Recovery and untick the option "Automatically restart". Next time it crashes it will give you a nice blue screen. Take a note of the error (e.g. "0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED") and post it in here.
Hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back