Unexplained, intermittent crashes

Hey guys first post here, new member.
I have an alienware x51 I bought about 2 years ago, only ever really used it for Netflix and some sparse intermittent gaming off steam no other use or modifications
Anyway, for about 6 months or more now, whenever I start the computer it will work fine for about 5 minutes then freeze shortly after, or upon opening a program.
The only course at that point is a restart and I generally experience no problems after the reboot. But the following day I'll have the exact problem. Ideas?

Hi ! here's MHO. If you're going to run W10, then you need to be running the latest build. 1709 build 16299.64.
If you don't want to keep up with the latest W10 build, then I suggest rolling back to W7. You will still have at least 3 more years of support for W7.
It's very hard to recommend fixes for W10 issues if you don't have the latest updates installed. Having said that, MS might have already issued a patch for your problem.
I'm sure you will get different opinions from other members here on TS. That's OK. We work as a team.
PS Well most of the time there is a team effort helping members with Windows issues.;)

Back