260 vote(s)
    33.5%
  5. Dakota 'Silver Shadow' from the US

259 vote(s)
    33.3%
By Julio Franco · 223 replies
Sep 5, 2017
Post New Reply
  1. Upgrade My PC Please! gives viewers the chance to have their PC upgraded for free.

If you missed last week's announcement explaining what the series is all about and how you can enter, be sure to check that out first. As a short refresher, each episode will feature five PCs in need of an upgrade, we'll take a look at the owner's current setup, discuss the upgrade options, and then let you guys decide which PC deserves to be upgraded (vote here).

Whoever gets the most votes will win the upgrade package tailored to their PC and the winner will be announced in the following episode, then we’ll take a look at five more PCs in need of an upgrade and do it all over again.

For the upgrades we have allocated a budget of $500 per episode. This week's contenders are:

• Mason ‘Old Boy’ from Australia
    • Brett ‘Red Raider!’ from New Zealand
    • Hamwar 'HMR2' from the UK
    • Hayden 'CAD Box' from Australia
    • Dakota 'Silver Shadow' from the US

Watch the video for all the details about these 5 PCs, check out our recommendations, and help us deciding who is the most deserving of receiving our proposed upgrade package.

By commenting and voting on UMPP you’ll also go in the running to win a cool prize at the end of the season, and of course, you’ll be eligible for other competitions we run on the forums as well. We are working with a few sponsors, to help us giving away more prizes. For example, Ubisoft will be providing us free game keys, so if you get picked for an episode but don't get the upgrade, you can still score some free goodies.

Voting will be open until Saturday night and we’ll announce the winner at the beginning of next week's episode, at which point we’ll have another five PCs to check out.

Permalink to story.

misor, Redoz, Medlyn and 7 others like this.
  2. Jonnygeekmang

Jonnygeekmang TS Rookie

Good luck guys!

Thomas Overy and Steve like this.
  3. Haydz

Haydz TS Rookie Posts: 21   +9

Good luck to those also entered this round and everyone further on in the series!

trgz and Nick01 like this.
  4. Defiaxe

Defiaxe TS Rookie

Good luck all!!

5. Ostlere

Ostlere TS Rookie

Good luck to those that are in it...

6. Tri Tran

Tri Tran TS Rookie

Those pcs even look better than mine... but anyways, goodluck for u guys too!

SAW646 likes this.
  7. Humza

Humza TS Booster Posts: 83   +48

Nice! All the entries are so deserving. The silver shadow looks awesome and would get my vote and also a can of compressed air for the Cad Box ;)

Reehahs, LePurp, Kylar and 1 other person like this.
  8. Steven Cadman

Steven Cadman TS Rookie

Every single one of these PCs is significantly better than mine ;_;

Arctiberious, Luffin and SAW646 like this.
  9. May luck ever be in your favor

10. RuDyS

RuDyS TS Rookie

Yay.....its on! :D

11. Steve

Steve TechSpot Editor Posts: 2,836   +1,960

Please note we aren't looking for the worst computers to upgrade. We are really after mid-range type systems that are a little out of date. The problem with potatoes is that people will just grab crappy PCs and enter them, the second being that you can't actually upgrade old PCs with new parts. You're basically building a new PC at that point and this isn't Build Me A New PC Please!

Phr3d, chickenAvo, philboom and 24 others like this.
  12. ed samuels

ed samuels TS Rookie

Good luck

13. Noahh

Noahh TS Rookie

Good luck, boys!

14. CrispRat

CrispRat TS Rookie

Based on the video, I can tell Ryzen really is the best in terms of price to performance. Anyways, wish all the contestants the best of luck!

MadMax0776 likes this.
  15. Radarada14

Radarada14 TS Rookie

We need to help the guy with the FX CPU that CPU sucks.
    I will be waiting "Upgrade my PC please!!" To be available in South America Bolivia please......
    I really need to upgrade my Pentium 4 and 7300le so I stop borrowing my cousin's laptop to make my AutoCAD Work from college.

16. AngeloW

AngeloW TS Rookie

Yeah, FX 6300...I know how you feel bro :'(. But everyone deserves an upgrade. Good luck !

17. Easykill78

Easykill78 TS Rookie

That is soo true steve, many thanks for this.. great video

Steve likes this.
  18. juviegar

juviegar TS Rookie

Good luck mason I'm rooting for you.

19. WildWebb

WildWebb TS Member

Lol I love this format, ill be tuning in every week! might have to upgrade my entry photos though!

20. Calie

Calie TS Rookie

I've got a small question why aren't countries like Africa aloud to enter, I'm a stone throw away ( South Africa). I would have loved the chance to enter. But I guess that's the way the cookie is gonna crumble. Good luck to all

21. D3ATH

D3ATH TS Rookie

Good luck to everyone!

22. BullDurham

BullDurham TS Rookie

Best of luck to all of you

23. Kenrick

Kenrick TS Evangelist Posts: 522   +333

2nd PC looks like a rich kid's pc. just kidding. Anyway good luck to the winner. Hopefully at the end the winner decide to give other kids the old spare parts for them to upgrade their aging pentium core 2 duo. Waiting for the next episode!

SAW646 likes this.
  24. jmcudk

jmcudk TS Rookie

Gotta vote for that cad build, aussie aussie aussie :p

Steve likes this.
  25. NG Gamer

NG Gamer TS Member

I hope this succeeds and gets bigger.

HD Shovelhead, The1stCobra and Steve like this.