Upgrading a GM5260's Power and Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello;

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot or otherwise is incorrect. I'm looking into upgrading the video card and power supply of a Gateway machine GM5260 (details here). The machine comes with a 300W power supply, which is quite low and thus makes upgrading other aspects difficult.

I've been looking at possibly purchasing this video card to use in the system but am stumped on compatibility for both a new power support and the video card into my Gateway system.

Which power supply brand, type, etc would be recommended for this prebuilt system? Power supply is always a touchy subject being it can easily fry the motherboard and processor if not done right.

Thanks in advance and I hope that's enough information. The product's page is specifically here, with a more generalized list of features here.

People are always skittish about power supplies around here. I could swear that some of these people either work for power supply companies, or they get kickbacks from them. Your 300 watt PS might just work fine, but you will need to make sure that you will have the connectors necessary to connect to the new video card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back