VHS to PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to take all of my home movies and put them on my pc. what is the best way to go about it? Can I hook my VCR up to my PC? SHould I buy a DVD Burner and do it that way? any and all help appreciated! J

I am not sure if there are better ways, but you can feed a VCR's output into a s-video or composite input on video-input enabled graphics cards and TV tuners.

Basically, you just play the VHS tape and the video sent from the VCR (which would normally go to your TV) is sent to your computer instead. You can then record that input using a DVD compatible MPEG format using video editing / recording programs.

Once you record the video, you may then burn it to a DVD or CDs (VCD), which works on my DVD players.

My Video card has an s-video input, my VCR has RCA outs. Do they make a cable that is RCA on one end and S-video on the other?

Input device

Your least expensive and most useful way to transfer the video is to buy the pinnacle suite with circuit card. This will give you global input capability as well as editing software for your video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back