video card gone bad??

Status
Not open for further replies.

amdGuy

ok here's my problem. i got a ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB video card. recently after I installed Guild Wars and Far Cry, I noticed that while I am playing the games would just freeze up apparently fo no reason at all. i have updated my drivers for the video card and flashed my MOBO bios to the latest also. Like i said everything was running great until after I installed Guild Wars and Far Cry. Now the problem has seemed to carry over into all of my 3d accelerated games and I can spend no more than 2 minutes before they decide to freeze up. bad drivers?? i even recently did a fresh reinstall of XP on my system and that didn't help anything. any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

i only got about 5 seconds of actual game play before VPU Recover came up, guess ill give the omega drivers a try

FINALLY! turns out my video card doesn't like heat. so i reinstalled a couple of 80mm fans i had recently taken out. runs like a dream! thx for your help

good catch on the heat problem. had that myself so i installed a bucket load of fans, both case and internal.

computer couldn't be happier! :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back