Video card problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, im new here as you can see, and i have a problem with my computers hopefully-soon-to-be video card.

My computers motherboard is Asus i think, model numer P4B533-VM (BL). Processor Intel Pentium 4 2.2Ghz. And now im using the computers internal video card, but i want to install this new one, which is some sapphire product.

Anyway, i have disabled the internal one from BIOS, turned off computer, put in the new card, put monitor cable into it, put power on and then the screen stays black?!

I have tried to solve this problem in many ways with my dad, but we havent got it to work yet. We tested the acrd on another computer which it worked fine on.

Anybody got some suggestions?

P.S Sorry if my language is a bit un-understandable, english isnt my first language :dead:

P.P.S Its an AGP card. The internal one is 64mb and the one im trying to install is 128mb, i need a better one for BFV :D

Boot into the Safe Mode by pressing F8 several times before you see the windows screen... Select VGA Mode and reboot the computer

I think i might´ve found the problem, in the BIOS setup there isnt an AGP option in one of the thingys, so im gonan update BISO tomorrow and see if thatll solve the problem.

Yeah, in case you don't know where to get the bios, the asus website has several bios revisions for this board. And the EZ-Flash utility is very easy to use. Just download the bios to a floppy, turn on the system, it should prompt you to press a certain key to enter ez-flash on the post screen. type the name of the file, answer 2 ?'s press any key to reboot when prompted and you're finished! Also if you can't get the system to even power on, check to see if a red led illuminates. If it does, then you have an incompatible card installed.

The last post in this thread was nearly three months ago, and the thread starter hasn't posted since then, so he will probably never read this.

However, that information is useful ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back