Video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaoslegend

so yesterday, my graphics seem to work fine. Then, i downloaded Nvidia, and restarted my computer. A message appeared, and there was 3 options
1st option: restart your computer trying to reinstall (i tried this, but it gave me a blue screen of death)
2nd option: ask you later (the next time you turn on your computer
3rd option: never asked you this again on this computer

well, i was suppose to clock the 2nd option, but i accidently clicked the3rd option. Now, my graphics is horrible. i tried to fix it with system restore, but it says that it cant restore it to that point, and a tried another, but still didn't work. I tried using Nvidia again, but it says that "Setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows Vista [32-bit]. This setup and its associated drivers are not designed to run only on Windows Vista [32-bit]. The installation will now be terminated."

So, is there anyway i could get the graphics back to normal when i bought it? I dont want to spend $200 to buy another video card. My computer is a Hp Vista.

Download the appropriate drives, and place them where you can find them.
Then use Device Manager to remove or disable the troublesome ones,
then reboot and install the new driver.
You can use a simple registry editor to remove the bad install... if you are familiar with registry work at all.

raybay said:
Download the appropriate drives, and place them where you can find them.
Then use Device Manager to remove or disable the troublesome ones,
then reboot and install the new driver.
You can use a simple registry editor to remove the bad install... if you are familiar with registry work at all.

so what drives should i download? i cant find anynow

Download the drivers from here by selecting the appropriate OS and video card series. It'll take you to a page where you can download the latest drivers for your card.

There may be other older driver downloads from nvidia.com that you could try.
As I do not know your system specs, it is difficult to say.
Preferably write in all your system specs to your Profile

In regards to "3rd option: never asked you this again on this computer"
This is just saying don't ask again, ie you decided not to restart (not sure why) and you decided not to be asked (accidently)
This just means that you need to restart when you want to (but it must be done to complete the install)

Go to here: --> http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/welcomeBC.html#Support
Using Internet Explorer

Click on the black box, that says Start Detection

This will show you all your Drivers and what system you have.

You can then either download the video drivers again (knowing they are correct)
Note: you will need to go to Add/Remove Programs to remove the current driver before installing the new downloaded driver

You can then also update your Profile
(answering Yes to show your specs)

Please try that.
And report back with results

kimsland said:
Go to here: --> http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/welcomeBC.html#Support
Using Internet Explorer

Click on the black box, that says Start Detection

This will show you all your Drivers and what system you have.

You can then either download the video drivers again (knowing they are correct)
Note: you will need to go to Add/Remove Programs to remove the current driver before installing the new downloaded driver

You can then also update your Profile
(answering Yes to show your specs)

Please try that.
And report back with results

i did that and this is what happened
http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj147/chaoslegendz/?action=view&current=p.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back