VisionTek XTASY Radeon X850XT worth the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was looking for parts for building my computer and i came across a VisionTek XTASY Radeon X850XT on sale for $189.99 canadian in the flyer. my first choice was the ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB on sale for $129.99. now im having second thoughts about getting the x800xl. is the x850xt worth the extra 50 dollars? and what can i expect from the card? thanks

The X800 Pro is on par with the basic X850 series. But for the X850XT against the X800XL, the 850 is better, of course. About a 100marks higher score on 3DMark 06. Or maybe about ~20fps faster for some games.

I have the X850XT Platinum Edition and it's pretty dang sweet if you ask me. I paid nearly $400 only 8 months ago. So that seems like a deal.
I would say the performance between the two is not that big though. Because neither of those are the pro series or Platinum. Compare features and specs. Faster clock speeds and more pipelines equals faster speeds.
It's up to you.

Get the Ati Powercolor x800GTO, Its better i guess, But since ur buyin all of that, then get a 7600GT!!

Alex~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back