Vista 64 bit Random Blue Screens (67 blue screens in 5 months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nessy

Hello!

I bought a new pc a few months ago but i had too many (more than 67 in 5 months) blue screens in the last months.

I uploaded a few of them here. Can someone please check them for me and tell me whats wrong with my pc/os ?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I runned orthos (more than 16 hours) and memtest without having any problems.

My system:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE MA790GP-DS4H AMD 790GX DDR2 HDMI HD3300
Cpu: Phenom II X4 940 Quad-Core 3.0GHz 8MB AM2+Black Edition
Ram: KINGSTON HyperX 4GB 1066MHz DDR2 CL5
Hdd: WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black SATA2 500GB 32MB
GPU: HIS HD4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo 1GB 256bit GDDR5 16X

Okay, I read six of your most recent minidumps contained in your first Zip file and all four in your second Zip file.

Here are the ones that stand out because they give a probable cause.

Two errors are 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

The driver cited in both is klim6.sys which belongs to Kaspersky.

Four errors are 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
The Windows kernel detected an illegal or unknown processor instruction. A Stop 0x1E condition can be caused by invalid memory and access violations similar to those that generate Stop 0xA errors.

0xA errors are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to address an IRQ Level they have no business doing.

In all four the same Kaspersky driver kl1.sys was cited as the probable cause of your system crashes.

* I suggest updating Kaspersky and/or doing a search on their forums to see what the community has to say.

By the way, nice PC.

* Get back to us with any results.

Route44, thank you for answer. So it seems like main problem is kaspersky or is it more likely a hardware problem ? I can upload more files if needed.

Thanks.

Hey again!

I checked kaspersky forums and found some useful information there. Seems like some of bsods caused by ''Kaspersky Internet Security 2010'' and they made a fix for it. (+ i'm using kis 2009 for 2 months, did u find any errors caused by kis in the last 2 months ?)

So seems like we can remove kis from our list :p

What next ?

The dumps I read were all from this month of October. Did you try to update your current KIS version?

Oh then sorry.. Uhm yeah i just checked it i'm using kis8.0.0.506en and it is the latest one.

Are you still getting BSODs?

One other error I read only cited a Windows OS driver and OS drivers are often too general to be of much help. However the error code can be significant. It is...

0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
This indicates that the memory management Page File Number list is corrupted. Can be caused by corrupt physical RAM, or by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists.

This error is often a very strong indicator of bad RAM. How many Passes did you run Memtest?

Do you know how to access your BIOS in order to check the BIOS voltage setting for your RAM and if it is set at Kingston's specs?

Also, Kingston makes excellent memory. But is it a recommended memory for your Gigabyte mobo?

Yes it was in list, i was using a-data rams before and i had too many problems with it. I was getting blue screens every 10 minutes or so then i sent my pc back to pc shop they changed rams. I'm using kingston atm and bios settings are fine. I didnt get any blue screen since yesterday as i said before sometimes it works fine and sometimes i get a few errors in a day. Its random.

I runned memtest a few weeks ago and it didnt give any errors. timings 5-5-5-15 volt 2.2v

(from kingston's website:

Kingston's KHX8500D2K2/4G is a kit of two 256M x 64-bit 2GB (2048MB) DDR2-1066 CL5
SDRAM (Synchronous DRAM) memory modules, based on sixteen 128M x 8-bit DDR2 FBGA
components per module. Total kit capacity is 4GB (4096MB). Each module pair has been tested to
run at DDR2- 1066MHz at a latency timing of 5-5-5-15 at 2.2V. The SPD is programmed to JEDEC
standard latency 800Mhz timing of 5-5-5-18 at 1.8V. Each 240-pin DIMM uses gold contact fingers
and requires +1.8V. The electrical and mechanical specifications are as follows)

Perhaps I am misreading but are you saying the memory you have installed has voltage parameters ranging from 1.8v to 2.2 v?

It says it is possible to use with both settings and i'm using 2nd one.

1)Timing Reference: +1.8V 5-5-5-15 800MHz
2)Timing Reference: +2.2V 5-5-5-15 1066MHz

Oke Route, i'll do that but i think it would be better to wait for a new blue screen before making these changes. Because i made a few changes in kis settings and i also updated bios. I didnt get any blue screens yet ^^

What do you say; should i just change ram settings or should i wait for a new blue screen before doing that ?

Thanks.

Oh, definitely wait for a blue screen. Since a good number of dumps pointed to KIS drivers as the fault that is where to begin. If you have gained stability since you updated/tweaked KIS best to see if it continues.

Keep us updated.

Hey route !

I came here with bad news :( My Psu and Vga died a few days ago i dont know what happened but a few days ago i pushed power button to open pc fans worked for something like 0.5 sec and then they stopped (didnt hear beep sound from mobo). Tried to do everything to fix it but it didnt work, then i sent it back to pc shop. Just talked with them and they said my psu and vga is not working anymore. (RIP!)

What do you think about it ? Do you think Psu/vga problems could give those blue screens and they finally died ? You were talking about hardware problems and i wanted to let you know..

Thanks in advance...

Thanks for getting back to us and I am really sorry I didn't see your response sooner.

Yes, a psu can cause many issues if they are underperforming. Underperforming means failing to provide the required power it says it is designed for and this just doesn't mean less than but also more than as well.. Put it this way, the psu is the backbone of a system. Regardless of how well your other parts are if the psu is faulty you'll have problems.

Looking at your minidump error codes though it doesn't indicate anywhere that your PSU is fried or the issue, but that doesn't mean it isn't. Ask that shop if the RAM. motherboard and everything else is fine.

You have a very nice system. What psu did you have installed and how much wattage did it say it supplied. Also when they say VGA are they talking about your monitor? I take it your video card is okay?

Vga=Gfx isnt it ? ^^ It is HIS HD4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo 1GB 256bit GDDR5 16X and it is not working anymore. My psu was OCZ StealthXstream 600W

Vga=Gfx isnt it ? ^^ It is HIS HD4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo 1GB 256bit GDDR5 16X and it is not working anymore. My psu was OCZ StealthXstream 600W

Hmmm, OCZ makes decent power supplies though there are better. Still, I am suprised it failed. Have you tried your video card in another system to see if it is truly dead? And did you ask that repair shop if your mobo and other parts are in working order?

Hmmm, OCZ makes decent power supplies though there are better. Still, I am suprised it failed. Have you tried your video card in another system to see if it is truly dead? And did you ask that repair shop if your mobo and other parts are in working order?

yeah i asked them and they said they tried other parts and all of them was fine. so i started to looking for a new vga and power supply.

I made a thread about it, would you like to check it and give a few advices if u have time ?

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic136600.html#post807774

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back