Vista Not In Boot Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapzkilla

ITS REDICULOUS. well i recently installed vista home basic on a seperate hard drive 80 GB. now i boot up and i cant find vista. it loads up into xp automatically. AT first i could select my os option but now cant find vista anywhere. lol . i already tried modifying boot .ini and already downloaded vista boot pro. no good. lol i dont want to hvae to re-install it again.

Are you sure you edited the BOOT.INI correctly? Go to Control Panel>System>Advanced, and in the Startup and Recovery outline go to Settings, See if Vista is an option in the Default Operating System drop-down box. If not, be sure you've edited the BOOT.INI correctly.

*EDIT* Now that I think about it, I'm not entirely sure that would do any good. I don't have any experience with Vista, and I'm going off of my experience with multi-booting 9x, NT, and XP. Maybe someone else could shed their light?

i fixed it. i just had to re-install the operating system again and made sure i installed vista boot pro.. dam thing is showing fine. THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back