Watch AMD's Lisa Su Computex 2019 keynote replay

Julio Franco

Staff member

The first stop on AMD's busy summer, CEO Dr. Lisa Su is set to take the stage for a pre-show Computex 2019 keynote where we hope to hear new details (or full blown announcements) about Ryzen 3000, the new X570 platform, chipset and accompanying motherboards, Epyc Rome server processors and possibly next-gen Radeon "Navi" GPUs.

Update:

AMD's Computex keynote will be livestreamed (embed above) starting at 7 PM Pacific, 10 PM Eastern, 3 AM in the UK and 10 AM local Taipei time.

Beginning this Tuesday, May 28 and running through June 1, Computex is home to all sorts of computer hardware, in addition to trends including AI, 5G, Blockchain, and IoT devices. The standard affair of gaming and virtual reality booths will also be present as usual.

AMD's CEO presentation is one of the pre-innaugural keynotes reserved for the higher profile companies, showing how AMD has been making real waves as of late. In Dr. Su's presentation, she will be joined by other high profile guests to discuss a "high-performance computing ecosystem," which presumably means server hardware will be a primary focus. Consumer grade hardware and particularly GPUs may take a backseat on this one (but we hope not) as AMD will also give presentations at E3 2019 next month and at Hot Chips this August.

Permalink to story.

Obviously 16 Core isn't coming but that is the smartest move, keep it for next generation, Ryzen 9 3900X looks amazing :)

Wow I'm such a nerd, got chills with that AMD 3900x at half the price of a 9920x with 18% higher performance. All the CPU's are a real price vs performance leaps.

I already see the 2070 getting knocked down on ebay from 500$ new\refurb\used to 420$ refurbished(80k trade seller). Those guys move fast. Realistically 450$ should be their new price point for a brand new 2070. Let the frenzy begin.

Ripple down effect will be real with lower end cards too, what will they peak at before bouncing up :). It even rippled up a bit to the 2080.

From what I understand pci-e 4.0 isn't relevant yet? Just future proofing?

p.s. even the 2080 ti is dropping, I see em at 900$ used. 1,000$ new. oo so exciting

p.s.s. Is it just me or was that more exciting then game of thrones?

p.s..s.s.s.s..s Hmm the CPU used market should follow suite!

Last edited:
No 5 GHz, not a surprise. The leaks seemed too good to be true but a lot of people lapped it up anyway thanks to wishful thinking and Intel hate. Still, 4.6 is decent progress and soon we'll see if AVX is actually improved.

Loved it, loved it. I was already intending to build a system around Ryzen 3000 and now I'm thinking in allocating more money, just to support AMD and their hard work. Yes, I still work for blue team; but as a computer technology enthusiast, these launch events are as exciting to me as major sports events for sports fans.

I'm still hoping for a Threadripper with this technology. Maybe the regular Ryzen socket wouldn't allow enough memory bandwidth to keep 16 cores happy. And putting dies with 6 good cores in a top-of-the-line part, instead of trying to sell six core chips, could well be a stroke of genius.

Pretty much exactly what I though it would be. AMD is holding a 4.7 GHz 16 core chip for whatever Intel responds with. If the numbers are to be believed, AMD managed to edge Intel just barely out in IPC.

That 3900X looks to be pretty sweet though. I could use both the IPC and cores. Double the AVX performance would be huge for my handbrake work.

I'm guessing that given there is only a 0.1 GHz increase between the high end models OC headroom will be small, although one can hope otherwise. Let's pray motherboard vendors come out of the gate with better XFR overclocking, as that's the best way to get more headroom on ryzen and not traditional fixed clock OC.

I'm still hoping for a Threadripper with this technology. Maybe the regular Ryzen socket wouldn't allow enough memory bandwidth to keep 16 cores happy. And putting dies with 6 good cores in a top-of-the-line part, instead of trying to sell six core chips, could well be a stroke of genius.

They're still selling 6-core parts: Ryzen 5 3600X and 3700X for $199 and $249. This implies that the cheap ~$100 Ryzen 3 parts will be announced later and still be quad cores.

Back