Weekend game deals: GTA IV $5, BF3 $20, Bastion $3.74

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

On the heels of Game Informer's GTA V cover reveal, a handful of distributors are offering GTA IV for $5. Elsewhere, you'll find half off Sleeping Dogs, 75% off Serious Sam titles as well as a Veteran's Day sale at Origin. Although we usually avoid listing preorder deals, it's worth noting that Get Games offers Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition for only $35.99 (40% off) along with 75% off the rest of the franchise. Also, in case you missed them: BioShock is free at GameFly, Indie Royale's Harvest Bundle expires in five days, while The Humble Bundle has launched its fourth Android event.

Steam
{pf id:81012 size:small} Nuclear Dawn $2.49 (75% off)
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition $26.79 (33% off)
Death Rally $4.99 (50% off)
Damage Inc - Complete $39.99 (50% off)
Snapshot $4.99 (50% off)
Dynamite Jack $2.49 (50% off)
Lunar Flight $4.99 (50% off)
More...

Amazon Digital
{pf id:2847 size:small} Lego Harry Potter/Batman Pack $13.99 (80% off)
{pf id:38056 size:small} Supreme Commander 2 $4.99 (67% of)
{pf id:3119 size:small} Mount & Blade $6.03 (60% off)
18 Wheels of Steel - American Long Haul $9.99 (50% off)
More...

GameStop
{pf id:82214 size:small} Serious Sam 3: BFE $9.99 (75% off)
{pf id:3817 size:small} Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter $3.74 (75% off)
{pf id:3818 size:small} Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter $4.99 (75% off)
{pf id:3216 size:small} Need for Speed Bundle $9.99 (75% off)
{pf id:86107 size:small} Darksiders II $33.49 (33% off)
Ultimate Doom $4.99 (50% off)
Bus Driver $9.99 (50% off)
Woodcutter Simulator $4.94 (75% off)
Storm Over the Pacific $10.19 (66% off)
Battle Mages Bundle $14.98 (50% off)
More...

GamersGate 
{pf id:4089 size:small} Super Meat Boy $3.74 (75% off)
{pf id:86115 size:small} Sleeping Dogs $25.00 (50% off)
{pf id:83109 size:small} Unstoppable Gorg $2.99
{pf id:38269 size:small} Trapped Dead $2.99 (70% off)
{pf id:1608 size:small} Cities in Motion $8.98 (55% off)
Bridge Constructor $3.00 (70% off)
Grand Theft Auto IV $5.00 (75% off)
More...

GameFly
{pf id:38219 size:small} The Witcher: Enhanced Edition $4.99 (50% off)
{pf id:40478 size:small} The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition $14.99 (50% off)
{pf id:3005 size:small} Mass Effect 2 $4.99 (75% off)
{pf id:1990 size:small} Dragon Age: Origins $4.99 (75% off)
{pf id:1452 size:small} Borderlands GotY $7.49 (75% off)
{pf id:1392 size:small} BioShock 2 $13.39 (33% off)
BioShock (free)
More...

Green Man Gaming
{pf id:53083 size:small} Bastion $3.74 (75% off)
{pf id:1608 size:small} Cities in Motion Collection $17.99 (55% off)
Grand Theft Auto IV $4.99 (75% off)
25% off most titles via coupon code "GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S"
More...

Get Games
{pf id:2763 size:small} Killing Floor $4.49 (75% off)
{pf id:36909 size:small} F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99 (75% off)
{pf id:2170 size:small} F.E.A.R. 2 $5.99 (60% off)
F.E.A.R. $5.99 (60% off)
Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition Preorder $35.99 (40% off)
Hitman: Blood Money $2.49 (75% off)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin $2.49 (75% off)
Hitman Codename 47 $2.49 (75% off)
More...

Origin
{pf id:37424 size:small} Medal of Honor $9.99 (50% off)
{pf id:4286 size:small} The Saboteur $9.99 (50% off)
{pf id:84053 size:small} Deep Black Reloaded $14.99 (50% off)
{pf id:85037 size:small} Sniper Elite V2 (50% off)
{pf id:1848 size:small} Dead Space $9.99 (50% off)
{pf id:36702 size:small} Dead Space 2 $9.99 (50% off)
{pf id:1339 size:small} Battlefield 3 $19.99 (50% off)
{pf id:1343 size:small} Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99 (50% off)
Battlefield 2142 $7.49 (50% off)
Battlefield 2 Complete Collection $9.99 (50% off)
Medal of Honor Airborne $4.99 (50% off)
More...

GOG 
80% off Telltale Games titles

Permalink to story.

Not that I need another game to play, but has anyone played "Sleeping Dogs?" Is it any good?

I didn't want to include this in the actual post, but if you're willing to jump through a few hoops (activating a Steam key through a Russian VPN, namely) you can get Borderlands 2 for $19 from G2Play.

I'm surprised you guys never mentioned CD Key websites before.

For the uninitiated:

All purchases are legitimate. The business itself is legitimate; they buy the keys from retailers themselves. Since there's no middleman, no shop, packaging, etc., you get steep savings.

For instance, I buy all my games from here. You don't download the game from their website, they simply provide the CD key. Origin or Steam let you redeem said CD key after downloading the game from them.

:)

lawfer Although they're legitimate, the ones I've come across often have some kind of catch involved for the best deals, such as the use of a VPN for registration as mentioned above. Some also have less-than-comforting terms of services, though I guess you're pretty boned when it comes to refunds across most digital distributors. Additionally, their promotions fluctuate quickly in price and availability. Borderlands 2's price has dropped by a buck at G2Play since I mentioned it earlier**. It might go up $5 tomorrow -- if it's even still discounted. Mainline distributors are simply more reliable in this way.

**Edit: Actually, it hasn't dropped. I thought it was $20 earlier, but it was $19 and it's still $19. Anyhow, the point remains: G2Play's pricing is all over the map (they include pricing trends on each product page if you're interested).

It's also worth noting that in many cases, the best deals on sites like G2Play tend to be preorders, while the rest of their offers are pretty lame. Just for example, scrolling through CDKeysHere's Steam section, almost all of the "sale" items are underwhelming. AvP is $10 when it's commonly reduced to $5, while Napoleon: Total War, Supreme Commander 2, Dawn of War 2, Black Ops, Dead Island, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dungeon Siege 3, Dirt Showdown, F.E.A.R. 3 and just about all the other discounts are priced two or three times higher than they might be during a promotion on Steam or its rivals.

That isn't to say there aren't gems. Borderlands 2 and Skyrim are $20 (though the latter is a Russian key), while an Assassin's Creed III preorder is $25.99. Again, it's just that the factors above make them less ideal for our deal roundup. I still check them regularly for the heck of it, and you guys are always welcome to plug whatever in the comments.

Well, a big thanks to Matthew & lawfer for providing me with a great way to lose less money when preordering :)

Thanks guys!

Since I am online games CD key store owner my self

buying CDkeys is cheaper and sometimes way faster than ordering the psychical version of games or even the digital
we had MoH:WF keys delivered a week before release day and it was cheaper than origin it self

also btw g2play was caught selling stolen CoD4 keys like a year ago (as reported on TEK-9)

In defence of g2play, I don't know about the stolen cod4 keys, but I bought one and had no problem, algo bought a couple of other games without problem and a mw3 rusian vpn and still is running normal in multiplayer. Of course there is always a chance of lossing a diferent region key, but the prices are very tempting.

In defence of g2play, I don't know about the stolen cod4 keys, but I bought one and had no problem, algo bought a couple of other games without problem and a mw3 rusian vpn and still is running normal in multiplayer. Of course there is always a chance of lossing a diferent region key, but the prices are very tempting.
ye I didnt say all there keys were stolen but there was a time thy did it maybe thy didn't know or got scamed by supplier who knows

lawfer Although they're legitimate, the ones I've come across often have some kind of catch involved for the best deals, such as the use of a VPN for registration as mentioned above. Some also have less-than-comforting terms of services, though I guess you're pretty boned when it comes to refunds across most digital distributors. Additionally, their promotions fluctuate quickly in price and availability. Borderlands 2's price has dropped by a buck at G2Play since I mentioned it earlier**. It might go up $5 tomorrow -- if it's even still discounted. Mainline distributors are simply more reliable in this way.

**Edit: Actually, it hasn't dropped. I thought it was $20 earlier, but it was $19 and it's still $19. Anyhow, the point remains: G2Play's pricing is all over the map (they include pricing trends on each product page if you're interested).

I respectfully disagree. Refunds are non-existent in digital distributions (which you pointed out), so I don't see how that can be a knock on the site.

On cdkeyshere, everyday prices don't fluctuate. Can't say much about other websites though. Even if some of them did, overall prices would still be considerably less than retail (which you again mentioned), so I'm having a hard time knocking them for that also.

It's also worth noting that in many cases, the best deals on sites like G2Play tend to be preorders, while the rest of their offers are pretty lame. Just for example, scrolling through CDKeysHere's Steam section, almost all of the "sale" items are underwhelming. AvP is $10 when it's commonly reduced to $5, while Napoleon: Total War, Supreme Commander 2, Dawn of War 2, Black Ops, Dead Island, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dungeon Siege 3, Dirt Showdown, F.E.A.R. 3 and just about all the other discounts are priced two or three times higher than they might be during a promotion on Steam or its rivals.

No argument here. I do find, however, that their regular everyday prices are lower than Steam's regular everyday prices. Steam's sales, on the other hand, are pretty much unbeatable.

That isn't to say there aren't gems. Borderlands 2 and Skyrim are $20 (though the latter is a Russian key), while an Assassin's Creed III preorder is $25.99. Again, it's just that the factors above make them less ideal for our deal roundup. I still check them regularly for the heck of it, and you guys are always welcome to plug whatever in the comments.

I see no problems with that. That Assassin's Creed III pre-order is a steal!

Back