Weekend Open Forum: Your most and least played Steam games

Jos

Staff

Steam recently kicked off their Holiday sale and inevitably many of us will do little to resist the opportunity of adding a few titles to our collections. Some will prove to be good investments, providing hours of entertainment at a heavily discounted price, while others might amount to nothing more than an impulse buy you fire up a couple of times and soon forget all about. Hopefully you’ll get more of the former than the latter.

In this week’s open forum we want you to revisit your personal stats for some hindsight on how wisely your dollars have been spent in the past. What’s your most and least played games on Steam? Head to your library and sort titles by playtime for a quick overview at the total number of hours spent on each game.

As a side note, we've updated our forum software to the latest Xenforo release, and you can now drag and drop images into the reply box. If you want to brag about (or shame yourself) sharing your Steam stats feel free to post a screenshot like the one on top -- which belongs to Matt, by the way.

Permalink to story.

Once upon a time I was so desperate to recreate the golden age of Diablo II that I'd buy damn near anything Action-RPG with a birdseye view. At my lowest point, I preordered Darkspore for like 49.99€, and the game was the worst P.O.S. I barely ever played! It's still there, in my list of games, taunting me. If there was a I-preordered-Darkspore-and-now-I-hate-myself-support group, I'd be the president. :p

Most played... Mass Effect 2, at 186 Hours played.

Once upon a time I was so desperate to recreate the golden age of Diablo II that I'd buy damn near anything Action-RPG with a birdseye view. At my lowest point, I preordered Darkspore for like 49.99€, and the game was the worst P.O.S. I barely ever played! It's still there, in my list of games, taunting me. If there was a I-preordered-Darkspore-and-now-I-hate-myself-support group, I'd be the president. :p

how many times did you do the campaign to get so many hours?

My most played is CS 1.6. I've been playing it for way too many years. Just bought CS:GO a few weeks ago. It's ok, but not great.

I have 70 games on my Steam account and some I just bought to collect, others to play. Says I have 16 installed. (Just right-click on Library in Steam)
Far Cry 3 for $7 was a nice little holiday treat, once I finish Infinite (just started) I might give that a try.

Don't feel bad, I could have written your comment and it would have been me. I purchased the Dark Spore limited edition. I bought a game on Steam called Ben there Dan that, I can't figure our how to remove it from my Steam details so I don't see it.

Most played games: Supreme Commander 2 and Black Ops 2
Least played: Probably some game that I bought and never really had time to play.

Most Played:
Planetside 2: 267 Hours
Civilization V: 225 Hours

Least Played:
Bastion: 16 Minutes
Dream: 16 Minutes
Torchlight II: 25 Minutes
DLC Quest: 33 Minutes

I know you guys will probably think I'm weird, but the only game I've actually fully played through on steam was Alien vs Predator (2010). I've got a total of about 25 games in my library right now (I'm a late steam adopter) which includes Bioshock Infinite, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, and just now Crysis and I haven't even played them yet. They're just sitting there in my library....DAMN YOU STEAM!

Seriously I should consider removing steam from my computer. I can't resist the deals, but I don't have enough time to play.

BFBC2 as most played. Least is multiple games bought in Humble Bundles etc.

Games I buy on steam sales I usually want to play.

Most played:
Duke Nukem Forever 69 h
Just Cause 2 65 h
Deus Ex: Human Revolution 56 h
Dead Island 54 h
Torchlight 48 h
Portal 2 45 h
RAGE 42 h

Least played:
(About 2/3 half of my library with 0 playtime, mostly indies)

Games I started and for some reason didn't continue:
Amnesia: The Dark Descent 0.5 h
Off-Road Drive 0.5 h
Left 4 Dead 0.9 h
Aquaria 0.6 h

Short games I finished:
Home 1.2 h
Dear Esther 1.1 h

Most played: Mafia II with 130 hours. Least played: COD MW 2 & BO with 14 hours between the two. They were a total waste of money because I only played the single player campaign and managed to finish both within that time. Online multiplayer games just aren't my bag. That said, I only have 10 Steam games in my library. Steam is just not a very viable option for me or in my country.

Least played: COD MW 2 & BO with 14 hours between the two. They were a total waste of money because I only played the single player campaign and managed to finish both within that time. Online multiplayer games just aren't my bag.
A lot of people don't like multiplayer games (myslef included), there's nothing wrong with them, it's just that you don't always have a good connection (ISP, country, etc.). And then, if you like to wait to buy your games when they're on sale, most of the time the multiplayer community is practically non-existent by the time you get around to playing them.

My most played game is Dota 2 with 12 hours. Least played TF2, 9 hrs. I don't play many games on steam. Acctually I don't play much games at all, compared to you with thousands of hours.

I have no actual shame admitting anything. I've lately also gone back and played otherwise ignored games, so I would actually see if what from bundles was actually worthwhile.

zmG9Vhn.png

Steam games:
left 4 dead = 316 hours
left 4 dead 2 = 123 hours
dota 2 = 2hours
metro 2033 = 57 minutes
total war grand master collection (steam sale) = download mode
non-steam games:
starcraft: broodwar = since 1998; battlenet on-and-off since 2001; then daily to weekly since 2009
diablo 2: lod = since 2001; battlent on-and-off since 2001; then daily to weekly around 2009; then seldom now
starcraft II: wol = since October 2012, seldom now
starcraft II: hots = since about a week ago
diablo 3 = since October 2012, four to five time a month now

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars -- 128hrs
Dawn of War 2 -- 81hrs
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition -- 33hrs
Company of Heroes 2 -- 29hrs
Call of Duty MW3 -- 18.7hrs
Call of Duty Ghosts - 18.7hrs
Red Alert 3 -- 17.1hrs
World in Conflict -- 15.9 hrs
Renegade Ops -- 14hrs

Country-Strike Global Offensive - 0.2 hrs
Anomaly Warzone Earth - 0.1 hrs

Have I ever mentioned I don't have a life? Of course not! I don't like talking about it. Here is part of my confession.
d87a910f45f23eb9c5de4973d249492058e46f89.jpg

Star Trek Online - 734 hrs on record

Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga - 499 hrs on record

The Lord of the Rings Online™ - 118 hrs on record

Divinity II: Developer's Cut - 50 hrs on record

Tomb Raider - 49 hrs on record

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North - 37 hrs on record
I have 9 in my library I haven't played, so I have no opinion on those. There is one I had before adding it to my Steam library. Dead Space controls seem so sluggish to me, making it unpleasant for me. I was hoping adding it through Steam would have corrected the issue. Playing Dead Space to me is about as annoying as adding pointer trails to a mouse. In the end you end up concentrating too much on movement, instead of actual game-play.

Civ V - 89 hours
Torchlight 2 - 40 hours
Overlord - 34 hours
Defence Grid - 34 Hours

I have a few games I've never played but picked up with good intentions These include; Retro City Rampage, Sins of a solar Empire and SW: Knights of the old republic.

Out of my items on Steam the followings are the leaders:

234 hrs - Day of Defeat Source
136 hrs - X-com UFO Defense (1994)
96 hrs - X-COM Enemy Unknown (2012)
83 hrs - Civilization V
63 hrs - Mass Effect 2

Least played:

0.2 hrs - Half-Life 2 Deathmatch
0.3 hrs Team Fortress 2

Cheers,
Peter

I have about 775 hours for CS:S.
But that game has run its course for me now......God knows how I managed to put that much time into it O.o

1,034 hours for CS:S
All of it offlline.

I don't know my least played Steam game because I uninstall games that I don't play anymore.

Back