What is the world's most powerful gaming PC configuration?

cool.dx.rip

Guys,I asked this question just out of curisioty.I want to know that what would be the world most powerful gaming pc.Budget is unlimited cause we no one getting to buy it .But the config would be in 2 types
1.Normal which is not OC'ED.The speed,memory speed provided by vendor.
2.This is OC'ED version of pc.any thing can be oc even if mouse,monitor,keyboard,speaker(I know it can't be done) :kaola: :kaola: :kaola:
Conditions:
1.should have everything which a gaming pc have even headphone,casing,speaker,keyboard,mouse,pad etc
2.No SLI /CROSSFIRE.Just only 1 gpu phiscally .
3.We want performance not brand names.
We all gaming people want to know that. :bounce: :bounce:
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif
Thanks

You can have an 8 core/16 thread Sandy Bridge in the form of a Xeon E5-2687W. Or if you're really keen and want to run multiple CPUs you can run 8 Xeon E7-8870's and have up to 4TB (TB not GB) of RAM.

Of course the no SLI/CF limitation would make the GPU the bottleneck and the CPU choice will be largely irrelevant when it comes to gaming.

I7 3960X @ stock
16GB of RAM (32 will be overkill)
A GTX Titan or GTX 690 (690 is 2 680s on 1 board)

How is 16gb not overkill?
I know of no game that would come close to using 4gb's on it's own.
In most reviews the "normal" i7 2600K drew with that cpu or was only 1 or 2 fps down.
On a techspot review of the 3960x, it was slower than the 2600k out of 3 of the 4 games
benched.

This was taken out of the final thoughts
"For gamers there's very little to see here. The Core i7-3960X is no faster than the Core i7-2600K or even the Core i5-2500K"

There are some games though, such as Crysis 3, where those extra cores actually do give extra performance. Since this is an unlimited, infinite budget, hypothetical build with very few explicit constraints I'd say a 3970X is actually appropriate... as would be a Dual 8 core Xeon E5 2867 if slh should suggest it again. I would say the E7 8870 would be fine but with its funky LGA1567 socket who knows how things would work.

Also, you probably wouldn't want to go with anything smaller that 4GB DIMMs so to get quad-channel performance you'll need a minimum of 16GB on an LGA2011 board.

This is what I have for the 'normal' system:

- i7 3770K - highest clocked i7. The six-core chip won't help anything, and it's clocked 200MHz lower.
- GTX Titan - this is an actual reference model, unlike the Ares. OP is asking for performance, not brands.
- Mobo: don't know, any. Any OC's would be void.
- RAM: x2 dual-channel 1600MHz kit. Lowest timings as possible, GB irrelevant.
- Four RAID0 SSD's. Whichever is fastest. I say four, because this is typically what a RAID card supports.. unless you go more..
- Smallest LCD monitor that's possible, for most FPS. :D

- i7 3770K - highest clocked i7. The six-core chip won't help anything, and it's clocked 200MHz lower.
- GTX Titan - this is an actual reference model, unlike the Ares. OP is asking for performance, not brands.
- Four RAID0 SSD's. Whichever is fastest. I say four, because this is typically what a RAID card supports.. unless you go more..
What quad channel kit ramssss??????g skill 2600mhz somethings ramss?

Oh ****.I make rules and I break it.sorryyy @ st1ckman

I7 3960X @ stock
16GB of RAM (32 will be overkill)
A GTX Titan or GTX 690 (690 is 2 680s on 1 board)
What is stock?????

what is ARES????????

ARES is the trademark (?) for the 'hard core graphics card combos' that ASUS or someone release. The one I'm referring to is x2 HD7970's on the single card.

Edit: Oh, one of your requirements is single GPU, no SLI. This makes the ARES invalid anyway, same with GTX690. Titan is the best.

There are some games though, such as Crysis 3, where those extra cores actually do give extra performance. Since this is an unlimited, infinite budget, hypothetical build with very few explicit constraints I'd say a 3970X is actually appropriate... as would be a Dual 8 core Xeon E5 2867 if slh should suggest it again. I would say the E7 8870 would be fine but with its funky LGA1567 socket who knows how things would work.

Also, you probably wouldn't want to go with anything smaller that 4GB DIMMs so to get quad-channel performance you'll need a minimum of 16GB on an LGA2011 board.

Well, the 3970X is basically a 3960X OC'ed from 3.9 to 4.0GHz haha

How is 16gb not overkill?
I know of no game that would come close to using 4gb's on it's own.
In most reviews the "normal" i7 2600K drew with that cpu or was only 1 or 2 fps down.
On a techspot review of the 3960x, it was slower than the 2600k out of 3 of the 4 games
benched.

This was taken out of the final thoughts
"For gamers there's very little to see here. The Core i7-3960X is no faster than the Core i7-2600K or even the Core i5-2500K"
16 GB isnt overkill... what if you wanted to run a ramdisk in this "Powerful" PC of yours. 8GB is enough yes, but 16GB lifts those limits if they appear

One that will play Metro 2033 Redux, Metro LL Redux, Witcher 3,crysis 3 etc @ 12K on ultra settings ......:p

Attachments

• prekesh-tongue[1].png
    prekesh-tongue[1].png
    1 KB · Views: 1
Back