Which graphics card is better?

timvu83

Is a Geforce 8800GT better then a Geforce 9600 GT?

I currently have the Geforce 8800 GT but been having problems with the card as new drivers seem to be not working. I was thinking about getting the Geforce 9600 GT, but I'm not all too familiar with performances of graphic cards. Please advise.

I have Windows Vista and a Intel Dual Core 2.33 GHz.

Performance wise they are actually very close, but the 9600 is newer. It's not really worth the upgrade if you ask me, so I would be more inclined to figure out what's up with the 8800 GT. To perform a clean install of the display drivers, uninstall the old ones normally and then run Driver Sweeper to scrub all of the still existing files. Restart the computer and proceed to install the new driver package. Make sure you are installing the correct one for your operating system. Once they are installed, restart the system again and log on normally.

What do you mean when the drivers aren't working? Crashing or freezing... colored lines on screen or BSOD?

I was fairly certain that an 8800GT would demolish a 9600GT and that it was actually very similar in performance to the 9800GT.

Back