Why is my PC taking a long time to wake up?

Hello, my names tough love. I have been having problems with my computer acting sluggish when i move my mouse after my screen goes dark. My computer is set to never sleep or hibernate. It don't happen right away all the time but some times the minute my screen goes dark if i move my mouse to wake it up it takes it 5-10 minutes to reply. The computer acts as if it is froze. Here is the list of my PC:

Motherboard: Biostar A770E3 770/SB710
PSU: 750W Ultra
Memory: G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green
Back up HDD: 250GB out of an old dell
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 4770 1GB DDR5
Optical Drive: Sony AD-7260S-0B 24x DVDRW
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Speakers: Philips Multimedia SPA2360 2.1
Monitor: LG FLATRON W1952TQ 19"
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
Headset: Razer Megalodon 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound
Mouse: Logitec MX620
Mouse Surface: Razer Sphex Desktop Skin
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Computer Case: Raidmax Eclipse

This has been happening for at least 2 months. I reinstalled windows about a month ago and that is when i got the back up HDD, so it wouldn't be that. Nothing new installed when this happened. My drivers are up to date. I use this computer every day most of the day. My virus protection is Fix-it 11.

Could you give me any ideas on what my problem could be? :confused:

I would check to see if you hard drive is going to sleep after a period on inactivity. I have included an image of where the setting is located.

Attachments

• Hard Drive Sleep.JPG
    Hard Drive Sleep.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 23
Ok.. mine was set to turn off every 20 minutes... So i changed it to never... Thank you i will repost if my problem is still happening...

Back