Why You Can't Buy Books from the Kindle app on iPhone or iPad in 2018

Ugh...this is so annoying. I can buy everything else in the Amazon app....except Kindle or Audible books smh

Or you could torrent (or "acquire") the .epub and add it to your iTunes library manually... If you have qualms about the legality of this, you can still salve your conscious by buying it as well from Kindle/Amazon...

This and many other of Apple's design, business, marketing and political policies, are what made me abandon them completely. Typical.

This and many other of Apple's design, business, marketing and political policies, are what made me abandon them completely. Typical.
Yeah... and I'm sure they miss you as they rake in more profits than pretty much any other company on Earth....

I don't use apps on my phone, I use websites anyways...

You don't have to install a website, and you don't have to agree to anything.
Newegg App..? Nope I go to the website... etc.

Same here...yeah, it might be more "convenient"...but I don't need another app that even though I've killed it, told the phone don't allow to run in the background, is probably still doing who knows what.

Meh. I buy books, as in physical books. I dont need electricity to open them. I dont need specific apps or DRM. I dont need certain devices, ece.

If I do have a digital book, you had better bet it will be a DRM free format. Screw locked in systems.

This is why we don't use Apple. I came to that realization back when I was getting an MP3 player before the iPhone even came out. Apple has never allowed you the kind of access or freedom that other companies have. I've known this for nearly 2 decades... If you don't like it, stop using them.

Nah you laugh at Apple like you do microsoft, buy your Kindle book on a computer then convert it to pdf.
https://www.epubconverter.com/kindle-to-pdf-converter/
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/foxit-pdf-reader-converter/id507040546?mt=8
Next you laugh even harder and download foxit, end of loophole unless apple likes fighting its own customers while charging 500 bucks per phone ?

Screw iphones. :/
Why on Earth would you convert it to a PDF if you have an iPhone?!?!?!? Just convert it to epub and presto... you got your book :)

Back