Wifi Drops at the end of a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt3911

Hi all,

Got a bit of a weird issue here. I've owned my WAG54GX2 for about... 2 years maybe, and I've got no complaints all round. My usage hasnt changed nor any settings within this period.

However... Over the last week, for some reason the WiFi Connection gets destroyed. I've only seen it once at the point where the Wifi Light goes out (something i've never seen before) - but generally the 2 WiFi conencted PC's fail to keep the connection, they drop out, and fail to get an IP, and when they do manage to get 'on' the connection is terrible. In the mean time, I run wired on 2 boxes that have no noticeable issues at all. Its like the WiFi just gets totally jammed up.

I've tried my hardest to establish what has changed, what is new, whats different at night, and theres just nothing.

Turning off the router and back on seems to have no effect either.

I've attached some logs, I dont know what 99% of it means. But thought maybe someone here could shed some info by translating them.

the Anisdktool seems to be started a lot? normal?

and wns msg tcvd: no idea what thats all about?

ring full looks a bit "** alerting***" but no idea what this is telling me either.

This is super frustrating any insight would be great.

Does it happen more or less at the same tim every night?
What type of security do you have on it?

Its hard to say, we're not using wifi every hour of the evening... but I can say it definantly only happens in the evening.. So far atleast.

WiFi is running WPA-personal, TKIP, 3600s renewals - however there are 3 other networks I see from my house, and I know all 3 of these people, they are definantly not the type to try and DDOS me or cripple my bandwidth, I'm surprised they can even google. I also live on a super quiet street full of over 60's... I'm not saying I can 100% rule it out, but its been shockingly surprised if anyone was playing around! I know its not a certanty either, but I can view wireless clients, and theres only the two that I want on that are on. Unless, they're being super stealthy of course

You'll have to wait and see if somebody can decipher your log file.
I know there are some people here who claim that WPA_PSK2 doesn't work well with Windows XP (am I to assume that is your o/s?) but you've been good for a couple years.
Are you willing to try WEP encryption?

I'm WPA PSK not PSK. Interesting point though, I havent heard that. Yep, XP on 3, vista on 1,

Yeh, it'd be interesting to know if those logs have anything unusual in them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back