Wifi extender maybe?

By ingeborgdot
Jun 6, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. I just moved a computer for a friend from one room to another as they replaced it with a new one. That said the old one in the other room has no internet source. They want to use it in the other room. What would be the best way to get internet to that computer? It will be 20' or so from the router. It is not line of site but it is pretty close overall. I have not had to look for anything like this before so I am kind of out of the loop. Thanks.
  2. mailpup

    mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 7,182   +469

    I use a wireless router to which I connect one PC by wire and two other PCs in another room wirelessly. The wireless PCs in the other room don't have to be in the line of sight of the router. They're all desktops although I have had guests bring their laptops occasionally.
  3. ingeborgdot

    ingeborgdot TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 441

  4. mailpup

    mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 7,182   +469

    Okay, I was under the impression that it was just another room in the house. Yes, a range extender would be helpful in this situation as well as another room in the house for that matter.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...