Will this computer run World of Warcraft??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to play World of Warcraft but I'm not sure if my laptop will run the game smoothly. Here are the specs:

AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology ML-34 With 1.8GHz Proceesor Speed

17.0" WXGA+ High-Definition BrightView Widescreen Display With 1440 x 900 Resolution

80GB Hard Drive (5400RPM)

512MB 333MHz DDR System Memory (2 DIMM), expandable to 2GB.

Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

54g 802.11b/g WLAN with 125HSM, SpeedBooster Support

Weighs only 3.63 kg and measures just 3.70 cm thin for easy portability.

Removable Storage: 6-in-1 Integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital Cards, MultiMedia Cards, Memory Sticks, Memory Stick Pro, SmartMedia or xD Picture Cards

Network Card: 54g 802.11b/g WLAN with 125HSM, SpeedBooster Support, 10/100 BASE-T LAN RJ-45

PC Card Slots: 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (Also supports ExpressCard/34) & 1 Type I/II 32-Bit Card Bus (Also support 16-Bit)

I/O Ports: 4 x Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0; 1 x Headphone Out With SPDIF Digital Audio; 1 x Microphone-In; 1 x VGA (15-Pin); 1 x TV-Out (S-Video); 1 x RJ-11 (Modem); 1 x RJ -45 (LAN); 1 x Expansion Port 2, 1 x IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-Pin); 1 x Consumer IR (Remote Receiver)

Other Software: MS Works, MS Money, MS MSN Encarta Plus, MS Movie Maker, RealRhapsody, HP QuickPlay, Adobe Acrobat Reader, PC Recovery (Softthinks)

these are the min system requirements:

Windows® System 2000/XP OS:

Intel Pentium® III 800 MHz or AMD Athlon 800 MHz

512 MB or more of RAM

32 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as
NVIDIA® GeForce™ 2 class card or above

DirectX® 9.0c (included) and latest video drivers

6.0 GB available HD space

4x CD-ROM drive

A 56k or better Internet connection

Looking at you system, all of your specs meet these requirements, except i cant see any video card mentioned in ur specs. So if you know what it is or if you have onboard video, pls mention it. i'm not sure if it will run with onboard video.

Also 512mb isn't really that great with WOW or any modern game these days your best with 1gb, if you can afford to add more you'll find it will run much smother than just the 512.

theres like 400 of the same questions threads.......

ditch WoW buy guild wars....its free......
pent 3
256 mb ram
geforce 3 or 4 with 32 mb of VRAM

simple eh...and i play GW on dial up......its a miracle

meNOname said:
theres like 400 of the same questions threads.......

ditch WoW buy guild wars....its free......
pent 3
256 mb ram
geforce 3 or 4 with 32 mb of VRAM

simple eh...and i play GW on dial up......its a miracle
p

You may not like the game, but if you have nothing relavent to add, dont just badmouth someone elses choices. And no, I am not a WoW player, I play GW. But he asks a question about WoW he should get an answer about WoW.

Anyways,

I googled around and found

HP Pavilion DV8301NR 17" AMD Turion 64 ML-34 1.8GHz Media Center Laptop

Is that the laptop you are thinking about getting? If so, you should be able to play WoW. Not at high setting mind you (GPU is limting) but you will be able to play.

Im thinking about buying a Dell Inspiron 531s. i was wondering if someone can let me know if the following specs will run WoW. Im not that tech savvy but from wat i can tell i should be able to run it. if there are things on it that would need to be changed id appriciate the info.

PROCESSOR AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 3800+
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium
MONITOR 17 inch ViewSonic VA1703wb LCD Monitor
MEMORY Free Upgrade! 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs
HARD DRIVE 160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache
OPTICAL DRIVE 48X CD-RW/ DVD Combo Drive
VIDEO CARD Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150 graphics GPU
SOUND Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
KEYBOARD & MOUSE Dell USB Keyboard and Dell Optical USB Mouse
FLOPPY & MEDIA READER No Floppy Drive Included
MODEM & WIRELESS 56K PCI Data Fax Modem

well the upgrades for the graphics are these 2

128MB ATI Radeon X1300 or 256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

would either of these be good or should i just go out to best buy and buy one seperately. if thats the case wats a good one and how much would it cost me?

thanks for the answers

Yes , It 'ill run the game ok

Lyon 911 said:
I really want to play World of Warcraft but I'm not sure if my laptop will run the game smoothly.

you should be able to run the game with no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back