Win xp 64 Audio issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got a ASUS P5ND2-SLI motherboard with onboard audio and have installed Win XP Pro 64 onto my system. After downloading the ASUS beta drivers for 64...found out BETA version doesn't change anything. I still don't have sound. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Same boat

Just put together an Asus A8n SLI Premium which has the on board AC97 audio. I ran XP64 and it would not detect sound device or install 50% of the old software. Dumped it.
Installed XP Pro and still no sound device. No sound device detect means the installation drivers that come with the board are not offered in the installation menu. Had to pull them off the CD manually. Didn't work.
D/L'ed new Realtek drivers...didn't work.
Tried Nvedia drivers...didn't work.
Edited XP services. Windows audio not started at first but is now.
Still no sound device. I'm just trying to run a couple of small side speakers.
XP is completely updated.
This is my fourth Asus board and first real problem.
Going out tonight to buy a sound card. To h_ll with on board sound. :hotouch:
I've been checking the forums and looks like this may be isolated, although there seem to be alot of different problems with on board sound.
I should have known :(
Please post if you hear anything.

Found part of the issue

I called Tech support multiple times and finally one of the guys at asus said the front audio jumpers may be set incorrectly. They were and I got sound in Windows XP with my P5ND2 SLI board. I hope this works. I'm going to try to dual boot windows xp 64 with this set up too...however, I'm waiting a little while. good luck

On Board sound problem

Mine is a jumper-less board. Hope it works out for you though.
I've got the new DVD burner sound cable plugged into the board.
There's a "Instant Music" option in the bios that I disabled to see if that would have an effect. No luck
I think I may try unhooking the cable to see if that makes a difference. Think I read some where that it helped some get their sound to work.
I'll let you know.
Gonna throw in my new sound blaster audiogy 4 any way.
That'll teach that stupid Mobo! :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back