Win XP Continually Reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
The computer has been working fine, turned it off one night next morning when I turned it on it goes thru the boot sequence and when it gets to the Windows XP logo there is a beep and the computer reboots. It gets to the screen where you choose safe mode etc before the windows logo and no matter what you choose it just reboots.

I tried to repair my operating system so I put in the win xp cd and booted from that. It ran the configuration and when it gets to the screen that ask you to install, or repair. I can hit enter or repair and I get the same blue screen.

The blue screen states:

stop:0x00000024 (0x001902F8, 0xF79F2818, 0xF79F2518, 0xF719C857)

ntfs.sys Address F719c857 base at F7192000, Date Stamp 3b7dc5d0

tells me to run CHKDSK /F but I can't b/c can't get to a c:/ prompt

HELP I have cleaned out the inside of the computer thinking it might be dirty. B/C it's the computer we use in the shop.

There is also a screen that tells me to hit ctrl A to go RAID Bios I have no idea what that is. I am ok when it comes to computers but this has me stumped. Any suggestions

motherboard is P5RD1-VM if that matters
with uLi Raid Bios

Hi

Do you have another PC you can get to, if so slave the drive up and use the working PC to run chkdsk /f on the drive.

If not post back.

Regards

I would have done that but didn't really know how. So I gave up and gave the computer back to my friend.

If you don't mind telling me how to hook the hdd up to another computer I'd appreciate so if my friend can't find anyone else to fix I can always go back over there this weekend and try what you have suggested.

With words HERE With pictures HERE

Setting the jumper to slave is the main thing to remember.

And getting the ribbon cable and power cable the right way round. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back