Win32k.sys Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueScreener

I'm not really good with computers. But I'll be playing a game or trying to do something then i'll get a random blue screen. Saying Memory Dump...

It says

Stop : 0x00000001 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x0000001, 0x869FICC4)

Please help,
Vince

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

If it doesn`t, please attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Ok there took me awhile to find out where to find them ^.^ Anyway.. Can you please try to make it simple for me so a stone man can figure it out! :rolleyes:

One of your minidumps crashes with memory corruption.

MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

FOLLOWUP_NAME: memory_corruption

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: LARGE

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr fffffffff7c5a78c ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE

BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE

Followup: memory_corruption

This indicates a possible ram problem.

Go and read this thread HERE and test your ram as per the instructions.

If Memtest86+ finds errors, then your ram is bad. However, please be aware that some faulty or incompatible ram can pass Memtest86+.

Regards Howard :)

Alright so I did all that.. ran the thing hit A.. it loaded on the floppy I heard it.. then i shut down my computer.. and turned it back on.. It didnt load the program...

In that case, we`re having real problems.

Are you sure you downloaded the correct floppy version?

Did you format the floppy disk first? If not, try doing that.

Or, try this:

my computer=> right click A:

format=> make MS-DOS bootdisk.

Bootable Floppy Disk:
Download the package current version (memtest86+-1.70.floppy.zip to your PC.

-Extract the zipped file to a location that you know, like the desktop or folder etc. You should end up with a folder named floppy
-Go into the folder and double click on the install.bat
A command window will pop up asking you for a location of your disk drive. Insert a blank floppy disk into the floppy drive, then enter the letter of the drive (usually the letter a) then follow the prompts.
-after it creates the floppy, simply boot your PC with the disk still in the drive and run the test as advised.

See if that helps.

Didn't work.. I tryed it many times.. What do you say I go out and Buy new ram cards? How much they go for? and will my memory be deleted if I do that?

Have you set the boot order in the bios to boot from floppy drive(A), then your hard drive(C) and saved and exited bios?

If not, that`s why it won`t boot from the floppy drive.

im sorry to be a pain in the bee hind.. But How would I go along doing that?

I tryed reloading it agian and I got an NTLDR missing... then it said hit CLT ALT DELETE to try agian so i did... But it works.. What happen there?

Normally, you access bios by repeatedly pressing the F2 or delete keys during bootup.

Perhaps, if you don`t know how to access bios etc, it might be better for you to either get a friend to help who knows about computers, or take the system in for repair.

That`s great, just remember to let it run for at least seven full passes. This will typically take a few hours to complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back