Windows 10 vs. Windows 11 Performance Test: Gaming, Application & Storage Benchmarks

Thanks for putting together this analysis for readers like me who are still wondering whether to move to Windows 11, excellent work.

I have a request that I believe will help us as the reader understand these articles even better. Since in this article Techspot is toggling constantly between "Higher is better" and "Lower is better", could you do something like either:
1) Make "Higher is better" a different color from "Lower is better" (such as Red for "Higher" and Blue for "Lower") or
2) Always sort the charts from Top to Bottom where the Top result means "Best" result, Bottom result is always "Worst" result, regardless of whether it is "Higher is better" or "Lower is better"

Thanks so much if you are able to do this and keep up the great and interesting analysis articles not found anywhere else!

So there is almost no difference between windows 11 and windows 10 when doing fair comparison (when VBS is disabled on both)

I will upgrade to windows 11 as soon as microsoft provide the update

I'm interested in seeing comparisons done again after the OS has had some time out in the wild and received further updates, if only to see if it ends up better optimized or not through time.

Hope to see another one of these in a year or so.

Thanks for putting together this analysis for readers like me who are still wondering whether to move to Windows 11, excellent work.

I have a request that I believe will help us as the reader understand these articles even better. Since in this article Techspot is toggling constantly between "Higher is better" and "Lower is better", could you do something like either:
1) Make "Higher is better" a different color from "Lower is better" (such as Red for "Higher" and Blue for "Lower") or

Thanks so much if you are able to do this and keep up the great and interesting analysis articles not found anywhere else!

The point #1 in there, please please please for the love of all that is computationally holy, do that.

Is windows 11 less invasive compared to how people view windows 10?
By now there are some tools that can tame Win10's aggressive telemetry like WinAeroTweaker (which is a GUI for a set of powershell commands that one can type by themselves)

Not sure if this app or something new needs to be developped to clamp on the new and creative way Win11 invades one's privacy. I'm sure it'll come.

I guess Windows 11 will be much better in a couple of years with the MS updates/patching and with the 3rd party drivers updates.
If this test had been done between the original Win10 when it came out and the actual version of Win10, the difference in performance would have been much greater undoubtedly.

Funny how you Apple/Mac loving people compare Apple Hardware upgrades with Microsoft software upgrades.

I love this comparison. It appears non-biased and accurate while other media sites just plainly say Windows 11 is faster. Thanks.

One question for comparison: Is there a performance difference between Windows and Linux Subsystems? I immediately enable WSL upon installation because I feel it is more secure (maybe, maybe not) and I use Ubuntu terminals on my PC.

I don't see any step forward, but rather by following Apple by making their products worse.
The step forward for Microsoft is deep inside, for security reasons. Microsoft has the most vulnerabilities in any OS. They are not focusing on performance in their OS.

For Macs, not if you watch Apple Events. They ALWAYS say "By far, this is the best <product> we have ever made". Every time, multiple times.

Come On! State the obvious! What company, in their right mind, would think to make their next product worse then the previous? But, Apple has to give their faithful followers a convincing reason to upgrade to the latest and greatest hardware... by far, the best!

Is windows 11 less invasive compared to how people view windows 10?

Seems much better in that respect

I was quite happy that Windows 11 could not be installed on any of my machines
(until it could be)

I'm currently running Windows 11 Pro from a single 32GB MBR partition on a 64GB thumb drive on a 10 year old Sandy Bridge without TPM or secure boot

Seems very "Light Weight" and less intrusive than Windows 10

Now that I've tried it, I actually like it

:)

I upgraded a supported system (TPM, secureboot) and it was uneventful.
The Start menu looks a bit different and some of the settings panels have updated layouts.
My installed programs are all there and working. Desktop icons remain where they were.
The device manager is still there and it has the same old entries, and those device drivers that I had installed manually are still in place and operational.
Upgrading to Windows 11 does not feel very different from installing any of the semi-annual Windows 10 feature updates.
If you have a supported system you may as well go with it (provided quirks like AMD performance regression get a proper fix). If not, I don’t feel you’re missing much.

So a windows 10 re-skin, with a bit of tweaking under the hood, most choices taken away from user re customisation without jumping through hoops, a slight performance regress even without VBS. Basically dumbed down windows 10 and had no right to call itself windows 11. Deliberately exclude 10 from getting new storage improvements even though it's the same code base, just to force people to migrate.

Seems much better in that respect

I was quite happy that Windows 11 could not be installed on any of my machines
(until it could be)

I'm currently running Windows 11 Pro from a single 32GB MBR partition on a 64GB thumb drive on a 10 year old Sandy Bridge without TPM or secure boot

Seems very "Light Weight" and less intrusive than Windows 10

Now that I've tried it, I actually like it

:)
what was your method for doing this? I'm interested in trying it out myself from usb while I have the tools.

Back