Windows BSOD's!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Various Blue screens

OK, first I have already read about the minidumps being uploaded, though I don't have anywhere to upload to. Firstly, I have done everything it says and I still have the same changing problem.

I have tried debugging these errors to find out what exactly they mean, but I'm not that far into any of this debugging. I was wondering if the friendly people at TechSpot might be able to help me.

The errors are many and in between. Through debugging, mind you with the wrong symbols ... thanks microsoft, I have come up with these services/librarys causing the problems:
ntoskrnl.exe yes I am aware this is the boot-up kernel
tcpip.sys I'm thinking this has something to do with my wireless...
npfs.sys not sure, guessing file system...
win32k.sys graphics card of some error?
and a final one that doesn't come up as a file but a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, but something about the module name being nt.

This has been driving me crazy as of late, as I have reinstaled windows XP a numerous amount of times. A problem might have come from it being nLite'd, as some system files weren't on hand to be loaded at installation, namely one was mouhid.sys, hmmm, no mouse ever, nah I fixed it. But still.

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

For whatever reason, your zip files don`t contain anything.

Please be aware, you can attach more than one file in one post.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

hmm, maybe I shouldn't have zipped them and uploaded straight from the windows subdirectory... Unfortunately, now there are more minidumps :(

I didn't quite understand when you said you can attach more than one file... but I managed to get all five up there (max too), cheers mate.

Your minidumps crash with various culprits including you Avast antivirus programme.

Uninstall Avast and see is your system becomes stable. If not, go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram/hdd/page file etc.

Regards Howard :)

howard_hopkinso said:
Your minidumps crash with various culprits including you Avast antivirus programme.

Thanks, makes sense to me. All stuff seems to be fine, RAM is quite new and has been reseated, just now :p, PSU is way over required, more than 100W, and the CPU was tested today which ran with no errors, although I think I may have bent a pin a lil when replacing the HS, this is before the BSODs, so it might be a culprit.

Thanks for the help, and bye-bye Avast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back