Windows Installation Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grafficks

Hey everyone.

I have a problem here, and I am completely stumped. The windows installation hangs!

When I boot up on my windows disc, it gets to the screen where it says "Setup is detecting your hardware configuration..." and then when the blue setup screen is supposed to appear, it doesn't.

It only displays a blank screen for hours on end where the only way out is shutting down. It cannot get past "Setup is detecting your hardware configuration..." even if I used different CD drives (yes, they DO work) and even if I use different discs.

This does not bother me that much at the moment, since my Windows works and everything is smooth. However, if ever I do need to reinstall Windows, this problem will come back to bite me.

This is why I want to fix this now, but I have no ideas on why it is doing this...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

That sounds like a problem with your sata II hard drive. When it asks for scsi/sata drivers, hit f6, do you put in the floppy to install the sata drivers?

It does not get far enough to the point where it gives me a chance to hit F6.

At the very first setup message: "Setup is detecting your hardware configuration..." it hangs with a blank screen.

The Windows XP setup/installation screens are supposed to be blue. However, it hangs at the aforementioned message before getting to the actual blue-colored setup screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back